- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Monthly Archives: March 2012
If you’re down with the winter blues, stressed out at work or just need a break, bowling might just be the thing for you. You might think, “Bowling…really?” Yes, bowling – really! Rolling a ball at 10 pins and knocking them down might seem funny (or even nerdy to you) but you can’t really deny its ability to make you laugh, can you? Young or old, bowling is a sure-fire entertainer for everyone.
If you’re looking for cheap bowling in or around the Mississauga area, then Planet Bowl is the place to go. The best part of bowling at Planet Bowl is that it’s NOT just bowling. Prepare to be surrounded by the full experience here – loud music, delicious food and daily deals to put money back in your pocket. Here are two sure-fire ways to beat the blues with bowling.
Sure Fire ways to Beat the Blues with Bowling
- Cheap Bowling Makes the Sport Affordable: Let’s face it – work can get pretty hectic and like the majority of us, you too are looking forward to having some fun on the weekends. Most places, like amusement parks are packed on Saturday and Sunday. If crowds are not your thing then head over to your local bowling alley. Bowling is a hugely popular sport today. Why? Well, mainly because it’s so universal. With a low learning curve anyone can practice, learn and excel at bowling. Plus, compared to other sports, it’s affordable.Many bowling alleys like Planet Bowl offer cheap bowling discounts to give you the best value for your dollar. Also, what other sport allows you to eat and play at the same time?! However, calling bowling just an ‘entertainment’ sport is not doing it justice. There are a huge number of people who love the sport and play in bowling leagues on both a national and international level.
- Join a Bowling League of our Own: If you’re looking to join one or more bowling leagues in Mississauga, contact Planet Bowl and they’ll support you with the information you need to get started. Playing in one of the bowling leagues in Mississauga can be a lot more fun if you’ve got your own bowling team. Usually bowling leagues in Mississauga or anywhere else consist of 4 members.You can plan to meet once or twice a week, practice together and develop an action plan or work on strategies. Plus if you’ve been feeling down lately this is a great way to get out, forget your worries and just have a good time. Play for fun or join a league – Either way you’re sure to raise your spirits and have a good time.
When life gets too busy or you find you’re not getting any time to yourself joining one of the bowling leagues in Mississauga will allow you to spend quality time with friends, loved ones or even make new friends. If you’d like to start slow, with Planet Bowl’s cheap bowling on the weekdays you can plan to get together with your friends any night of the week and save some money which will put a smile on your face.
Don’t let yourself get bogged down and depressed when life hits you in the face. Empower yourself to get out with friends or join a bowling league to beat those blues. With Planet Bowl’s cheap bowling rates you can’t go wrong.
Planning a bowling party in Toronto? The key to hosting bowling birthday parties in any of the bowling centres in Toronto or anywhere else for that matter is to try and keep it enjoyable for everyone.
Tip #1: Making Every Person Feel at Ease
The bowling itself must be kept laid back, relaxed and entertaining, even though you may be having an intense rivalry. Use side gutters or bumpers, especially for bowling birthday parties for kids. These are big safeguard pads which fit in the bowling lane’s gutters and stop the bowling ball from sliding into the side ditch. This way the kids will knock down pins with every roll and really have the best fun possible. For bowling birthday parties for adults a good idea is to come up with creative ideas to make things more entertaining. Get the guests to bowl granny style (bowling with both hands, between your legs), or bowl with your other hand or bowl backwards! Another good idea is to form a team of two or more partners who bowl alternately for the same position.
Tip #2: Keeping the Energy Level High
It doesn’t matter in which of the many of the bowling centres in Toronto you’re at, you’ve got to cheer – win or lose. Help make bowling birthday parties fun for every one of your guests by rooting and cheering for everyone, good shot or not! Give high fives, pats on the back, clap and verbally encourage – all these are great ways in getting everyone involved and having a good time.
You’ve got to understand that the purpose of bowling birthday parties is to rejoice in someone’s birthday celebration, not to acquire a bowling trophy. For younger kids you’re least likely to face this problem as with the side gutters and any bit of cheering young kids are sure to have a great time. For older kids or adults, keep your eye open for bowlers in the group who could possibly become too competitive – you’ll find at least 1 in most groups. That individual may just need a bit of extra cheering, a diverting joke or conversation or a quick trip with you to run an errand.
Tip #3: Don’t Lose Your Bowling Shoes
Remember, bowling birthday parties actually need bowling shoes! This is true for all bowling centres in Toronto, so come prepared. You’ll need to change from your current pair to a rented pair provided by the alley. Prepare for this by wearing comfortable socks (decent ones you can show off to your friends). For kids bowling birthday parties you really have to be careful as to where kids leave their shoes, especially if you have a large group. One simple tip is to carry paper bags for each child. Write each child’s name on a bag and have kids place their shoes in their respective bag.
At Planet Bowl you have access to a large party room if you decide to choose one of our fun and affordable bowling birthday parties’ packages – simply place all of these paper bags in the party room or keep them near your bowling lanes.
Being one of the top bowling centres in Toronto; bowling birthday parties are a definite hit at Planet Bowl!
Are you looking to keep your kids busy during March break in Mississauga? You’ve landed on the right article! We’ll tell you everything you need to know to not only keep your children occupied, but you won’t have to venture out too far away from home either. From dining out to kids bowling in one of the best bowling centers in Toronto – we cover it all!
Here are 5 top things for your kids to do in March Break in Mississauga:
- Tour the malls – Mississauga offers some great shopping attractions. March break is a great time to stock up for the spring and the summer and also have some quality bonding time with your kids. Young kids love exploring the different shops and treating them to an ice-cream is the perfect ending to your day out. Square One Mall is the largest mall not only in Mississauga but the whole of Ontario. Offering all the major brands like Wal-Mart, Zellers, Bay, Old Navy, Sears, Guess and a whole lot more you’re sure to find some great March break deals.
- Take them to the Playdium – Located nearby to Square One mall, this is your one stop shop for arcade, virtual reality and video games. Offering something for all ages your kids are sure to have a great time (and so are you!). Share a game of mini-golf or race on the Go-Cart track with your older kids. If you’d rather take your kids bowling, read on!
- Dine together – We understand that your younger kids might only want pizza, burgers or fries when you’re out, but here’s an idea: Head over to one of the more classier restaurants and get your kids something “new” yet kid-friendly to try. There are some great joints that offer kids menus like Jack Astors, Fazoolis, Moxie’s and more. This way you (and your kids) can get what they want. Dining out is a great way to catch up with your older kids over a meal.
- Go Bowling – Looking for a good kids bowling joint in Mississauga? Look no further then Planet Bowl. Offering everything from complete bowling birthday parties to awesome money-saving daily deals, this is the perfect way to introduce your children to kids bowling, and the ideal place to play, eat and have fun! One of the top bowling centers in Toronto, your kids will love their Planet Bowl bowling experience.
- Catch a Movie: If you and your kids love movies, there are top cinemas all over Mississauga. One of the most convenient movie theatres being The Cineplex and Empire Studio 10 around Square One Mall. Yes, agreed you can pop in a DVD and watch a movie at home but there’s nothing like taking your kids to the cinema to watch a kid-friendly movie or animation – or especially a 3-D movie with funky 3-D glasses!
Whether it’s going mall-hopping with your little princess or sharing a fun yet competitive game of kids bowling at Planet Bowl; Mississauga offers you many child-friendly options making this the most enjoyable March Break yet for you and your kids!