- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Monthly Archives: August 2013
A corporate event is a great opportunity for a company big like a fortune 100 company or small like a local Mississauga dental office not only to reward their employees for the work they have done, but also as a teambuilding opportunity to ensure the staff is comfortable with each other and can work together as a team. There are tons of great venues and activities in Mississauga where companies can take their staff for a fun company outing, including bowling, picnics, or musical events.
Top 10 Places to Hold Corporate Events in Mississauga
Picnic parks are a great place to get your employees together for an afternoon of fun and learning. Large open spaces allow the perfect opportunity for group teambuilding and recreational activities to be set up. Weather permitting, a picnic in a park can be a place where staff can shed their inhibitions with their ties, dress casually and bond with each other over the barbecue pits.
An easy and effective corporate group event can be a bowling party. Bowling parties are not only great fun and universally enjoyed, but also a great way to encourage group interaction and inspire team spirit. Bowling in teams can bring out the best and most supportive aspects of your employees, while shedding their inhibitions. A bowling center like Planet Bowl will take care of all the needs of such an event ensuring that it runs smoothly.
Casino Nights are a more formal event where employees can dress up and let their hair down. They can be set up at any of the banquet halls or convention centers that a company chooses for its corporate event.
A party on a cruise ship or a yacht is also a fun memorable experience for the employees of your company. A party with a sunset over the waters, extending into a night of revelry under a starry sky will certainly go a long way to make people feel special, and that the company has gone out of their way to make them feel valued.
A live singer or performance will add an element of glamour to the event, which will set it apart from the usual party.
Another musical idea is that of a drum café, where music facilitators bring in drums and teach people coordinated beats so they can make music together. It is a great exercise in learning to work with each other, and collaborating to make something bigger than each one, which will help with teambuilding.
Organizing a scavenger hunt where people drive around the city looking for clues and taking pictures of the objects on the list with their camera phones is also a great way to bring out the spirit of adventure, teamwork, and healthy competition.
If you want a corporate event that will add value to the community to work in, a group community service event can help your team come together to work for a greater cause such as a Food Bank.
Art galleries or museums will add a measure of style and culture to your corporate event elevating it from the mundane to the extraordinary.
If you’re looking to take the level of style and elegance to another level, you can have your event at one of the city’s many nightclubs.
Those are the top 10 places to have your corporate events in Mississauga. Any other suggestions? Post it in the comment section below.
As summer winds down and the CNE starts again you would want to get the most fun before Fall comes along. Toronto is a world-class city replete with exciting options for visitors as well as its citizens. A mix of fun and culture can be found in a large number of options across the city just a few of which are highlighted here.
Top 10 places to have fun in Toronto
- CN Tower one of the world’s tallest buildings takes excitement to a peak with a 58 second high-speed glass elevator which you can ride to the top to feast your eyes on some incredible views. Myriad options for shopping, and dining make it a fun trip for the entire family.
- Wonderland is Canada’s foremost theme park with hundreds of attractions, which include a large variety of roller coasters, water rides, and other thrilling adventures adding up to 65 exciting rides, including the world’s biggest and tallest roller coaster.
- Harbourfront Centre is a performance space where musical and theatrical acts are held around the year, including regular children’s events. The centre brings international acts from across the globe, exhibiting cultural diversity on its stages, making it an ideal way to introduce children to the cultural arts. The icing on the cake is the large pond, which is freezes to form an ice skating rink in the winters.
- Medieval Times Dinner recreates those old times where knights in shining armor and riding horses vie for glory in authentic tournament action. Guests are served an elaborate medieval-style four-course meal, which adds substance to the drama. The vast tournament arena can seat up to 1400 and is housed inside a castle-like structure.
- Toronto Zoo is a fascination to people of all ages, which brings together thousands of animals representing hundreds of species in one wonderful forest environment. Located in the beautiful forest region in northeast Toronto, the space inspires love for animals and respect for the environment in all who step fool inside it. A special kids zoo allows children to interact with the animals, and a new Panda bear makes the trip all that much more valuable.
- Wild Water Kingdom is an ideal way to beat the Toronto heat and is therefore a popular summer activity for both adults and children. Miles of water slides, wave pools and water sports lend an unbeatable aura or frolic. The Dolphin Bay playground is a wonderfully serene pool where younger children can play in the water, and the whole family can enjoy batting cages, miniature golf and bumper boats. In addition to heated waterslides and giant whirlpool hot tubs, the thrill-seekers can head down the speed slides or for the tidal wave pool.
- Bata Shoe Museum is an unusual space where an extensive range of shoes from around the world is exhibited. It is a world of fantasy where women can swoon over the footwear, while the men marvel at the vastness of the collection. The variety of collections extends from shoes worn by North American Indigenous people, shoes from across the globe and across time, as well as celebrity shoes worn by musicians, artists, and actors including John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Playdium Mississauga is a massive indoor complex consisting of over 200 attractions and rides replete with unique high-tech and interactive forms of entertainment, both virtual and physical. Prizes can be won in the Redemption zone, so bring your skills into play at this mega entertainment zone. If only for its size and the variety of entertainment it brings together in one place it should not be given a miss. This is a sure fire place to have fun in Toronto.
- Planet Bowl is a large bowling centre, which also brings entertainment for all ages together under one roof. In addition to regular bowling, and bowling leagues it brings the experience of cosmic bowling to the visitor, a nighttime bowling activity where the lanes glow with an otherworldly light and a DJ plays the trendiest tracks of the day. Providing a vast menu of child-friendly foods and beverages, bowling is a fun activity for when children need a bit of adventure, and parents want to relax and play a couple of games.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario, an architectural delight bringing together elements of light and wood, is a wonderful space to delight in some art and culture. Toronto-born and now world-renowned architect Frank Gehry designed the gallery, which is characterized by sweeping staircases and glass walls. Over 5,000 works of art hang in hundreds of galleries, and one can easily pass a day in its warm and airy halls without a though for the time.
Toronto as a vibrant diverse cosmopolitan city is always ready to offer up its citizens a range of wonderful ways to spend their days. The true energy of the city comes from the people and the diversity of their interests. A family or group of friends can spend their weekends engaged in a range of fun activities, ranging from bowling to parks to nice meals. Here are 3 places for a fun group outing in Toronto.
A number of great bowling centers can provide a full day of holistic and easily accessible fun for people of all ages. Families can take children of all ages and spend the day amongst the bright adventure that a bowling alley brings, in addition to a vibrant environment filled with other families and child-friendly foods. Everyone can bowl, from two-year olds to seventy-two year-olds, and that makes this a perfect day out for the whole family including the toddlers and the grandparents. A multi-purpose bowling center like Planet Bowl is also a great venue for groups of adults as it offers the enhanced bowling experience that is cosmic bowling. Cosmic Bowling is when the entire alley including the pins, the lanes, and the gutters are illuminated, this giving the place a ‘cosmic’ ambiance. Add a DJ and the bowling center feels like a nightclub with bowling balls thrown in.
Classy yet family – friendly restaurants
Going out for a nice dinner is another way to experience and enjoy the diversity of Toronto. There are several great restaurants that are classy yet family-friendly and willing to customize specials to the taste of your children. This way they can experience foods beyond the usual burgers and pizzas they might like, while also allowing the parents to treat themselves to trendier foods. The diversity of cuisines available in the city are a blessing, so be adventurous and try that new Italian or Indian place you might have heard about. Dining out is a great way for a group of friends to catch up over a good meal accompanied by a glass of good wine.
Finally, there’s always that all-encompassing universally entertaining avenue of fun, the mall. Some great malls offer not only good shopping where adults and children can both stock up on necessities and indulge in luxuries, but they also provide an array of entertainment to while away the time. Some have video game arcades where children of all ages can find something to do including bouncing around in a pile of colorful balls, smacking a few balls on the mini-golf range, or succumbing to fantasy in virtual reality games. While the children play, so can the mothers by getting pampered at spas and nail salons in malls. Movie theaters where you can catch the latest blockbuster or animated film can unite the group with large buckets of popcorn, and a food court in a mall will cater to every culinary whim.
Malls, restaurants, and bowling centers are only some of the entertainment options that the vibrant city of Toronto has to offer group outing in Toronto, along with water parks, museums, skating rinks, playgrounds, the list goes on. Come the next free day get your family together and head out for a fun adventure.
Full Time :
Lane Man/Mechanic Helper
Evenings and Weekends
Low team morale? Boost it with these three clever ideas
When energy is running low in your offices, and lethargy seems to be dominating, your employees are probably going through a dip in their collective morale. Low morale amongst employees can lead to hostile and negative environment in the workplace. Employee morale can make or break a business, so it is crucial to monitor it and give it the occasional boost to ensure things are up and running smoothly. There are several ways that are likely guaranteed to quickly boost team morale and boost positivity and productivity at the same time.
- Celebrate Accomplishments: It’s easy to let everyday accomplishments get buried in the routine of mundane tasks, the firefighting, and the preparation for the challenges that the future will throw out. It is important, however, to acknowledge accomplishments and recognize them publicly. If a person’s contribution is valued, it inspires confidence in their work and the motivation to work harder; it inspires loyalty and ownership towards the company; and instills a general sense of well-being and job satisfaction. Public recognition means that people will also realize that the company notices each individual’s achievement, and they are not seen merely as cogs in a machine. So let them see they are valued, through notices, announcements in the newsletter, gift certificates, employee-of-the-month type awards, and so on.
- Team Sports: Getting the entire company involved in a sport is a great way to kick morale into high gear. Putting together teams from different floors or departments to compete against each other will give each team and the overall company a chance to bond. They can name their own teams, design jerseys for themselves, and pick mascots. To make it even more fun and get everybody involved, even the non-sporty people, pick a game that everyone likes. Bowling is a great way to boost company morale. Corporate bowling is a team sport and a company outing rolled into one, and everyone can and loves to bowl. Bowling alleys are bright and fun and most will also help you out with a menu of food and drinks you can serve, as well as decorate with company logos and banners.
- Community work: Helping out in the community by contributing services to local schools or NGOs can do wonders to boost low morale in individuals. If you feel like the energies of your employees are rundown and need a lift, give them a few paid hours a month to do community work, with organizations they choose, or those you can tie-up with. Let them also participate as a group in charity events such as walkathons. In addition to allowing them feel good about themselves, this will also make them feel good about the company, and work with renewed respect.
These are several effective ways to combat flagging company morale that are easy to incorporate in your company policy, such as community service hours and setting parameters for recognition. These techniques to boost team morale can also be a great fun bonding experience, such as corporate bowling.
Summer’s here and the kids are gonna be running amok taking over your life. You are going to be run ragged between summer classes, swimming at the community center, play dates and parks. A fun easy way to keep your kids busy this summer, that also entertains you, is bowling parties. Kids absolutely love to go bowling. All of the bright colors, neon lights, fun munchies, and the giant balls make for one really special day for a child.
Take them to bowling centres
When it is your chance to host a play date for your children and their friends, instead of doing it at home and worrying about all the details that go into planning for one, do it at a bowling centre. A party at home would mean providing an array of food appropriate for both parents and children, taking into account the children’s varying tastes and sensitivities. It will mean setting up and making available a range of fun activities to keep their attentions, and then supervising as all of these games are played. Finally, and most painful is the after-party mess. To avoid the dreaded after effects of large groups of children romping around your backyard spilling paint and mustard, move the festivities to a bowling center, and let them take care of the tedious details.
Children of all ages enjoy bowling. Even a two year old loves picking up the giant ball in his arms and dropping it on the lane, watching it roll slowly away making an invigorating core-shaking sound. Older kids can pretty much take care of themselves at bowling alleys being able to track their own scores and conduct their own games. The best part about having parties there is that parents can also play and end up having a good time, instead of simply running around trying to round up and entertain their children.
Food is the easiest aspect to take care of at such a party. The bowling centre will have a menu you can choose from, which include lots of children-friendly snack and drinks. You can pick a set menu, or go through the menu and order a la carte depending on the number of children or adults are attending. Pick loads of easy finger foods, or things children can grab and run such as pizzas. There are also plenty of food choices for adults. The event is therefore completely pre-catered, as well as pre-decorated, because after all what is more vibrant than a bowling centre?
If you end up with a handful of children and the long summer hours seem to stretch with endless feeding, bawling and boredom, turn those hours into fun and festivities at a bowling center. A bowling party is a great way to get all the neighborhood kids together and in a productive and fun environment. Invite the parents to come bowling as well, and you will be much celebrated in the neighborhood as the parents who gave them all a break from summer routines. This is one more way to keep your kids busy this summer!