Have you ever been to a fundraising event? If yes, then you must know how extravagant they can be. Well, they do not necessarily have to be, as there are some fundraising events where you just have to spend a simple happy hour at a bar in the neighborhood. There are many organizations, like non-profit ones and elementary schools that rely on these fundraising events to bring in the moola over a short period of time. While you don’t have to do much when you are an invitee, it is completely different when you get pulled on to the planning committee. It is no longer so much fun and you have to work out many details in order to make the evening enticing so that the attendees donate generously.
Here are the best 5 fundraising ideas that will bring in the moola and bring on the good times…
- Fundraising event at a bowling arena: Bowling can be real fun for adults. You can arrange a fantastic bowling event in your area, which everyone will enjoy attending. Don’t have it on a weekday, as no one has time to have fun then. Having the event on a weekend will definitely bring in more supporters. You can be innovative and add some competitions to the charity bowling event to make it even livelier. You could even raise the price of the bowling tickets. Instead of simply giving beer to the participants, try arranging for some snacks too. If you reside in Toronto and are planning to host a fundraising event, you should enquire about bowling rates Toronto.
- Bingo: For this fundraising event you need to make your own cards. Invite people but charge them something like a hundred dollars per ticket. Don’t offer exorbitant prizes; something small like sweets or promises of eternal friendship are suitable.
- Cake sale: This is one fundraising event that can’t go wrong. You will definitely make a lot of cash from this. All you have to do is bake lots of cakes and ask your friends to contribute to this event. They can bake their favorite cakes and bring them to the event. Everybody loves eating cake, so it should be no surprise if nothing is left for you at the end.
- Film show or film premiere: This kind of fundraising event can be done in two ways. If you have a friend or a relative who owns a movie theatre, you can ask them to help you raise funds by letting you use their cinema for one show. If it is a worthy cause, no one will ever refuse. You can sell the tickets at a higher than usual price. The other way is to arrange to stage a show at your home or your college or school where friends and family are allowed to come and watch the latest movie. You can also ask people to bring their own snacks.
- Fashionable fundraising: Fashion shows are very popular. Everyone wants to either be a model or to go to a fashion show. It is so glamorous that if you arrange one, none of your invitees will want to miss it. If you are arranging it on a large scale, you need to rope in a few fashion designers and models, which can be quite difficult. However, if you are planning to do it on a small scale, you can ask your friends to help you with modeling. You can choose some clothes from your own wardrobe or go to local stores to get some. Let these stores know of your intention to fundraise and maybe they will donate the clothes.
While there are many more fundraising ideas that get help generate money for the cause, the ones mentioned above are perhaps the easiest, most popular and loved by people. The simple formula to success in a fundraising event is being thoroughly prepared and knowing your demographics.