- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Category Archives: Bowling
We all know how important birthdays are to our kids. Children look forward to their birthdays with so much joyful anticipation that we feel bound to give them the birthday of their dreams. Any loving parent would want to give his child a birthday experience that is truly exciting and memorable. If you want to treat your kid to a birthday party in Mississauga he will not soon forget, try something different—like staging a birthday party for him in a bowling alley or an indoor gaming facility! Such an exciting birthday party venue would make his birthday truly special and give him the feeling that he is truly loved. The following are 5 awesome places in which to celebrate your kid’s birthday party in Mississauga.
Playdium offers a complete and thrilling birthday package for kids. It provides kid-friendly food, many fun games and lots of exciting outdoor activities that will thrill the kids as well as the adults. Holding your child’s birthday party at Playdium makes for an unforgettable birthday memory for your beloved child. You can choose from the different birthday packages Playdim has in store. Skip the hassles of prepping for your kid’s birthday party by enlisting the birthday party services of Playdium.
Planet Bowl is another thrilling venue for your child’s birthday party. If you have anywhere from 4 to 28 guests, Planet Bowl can plan a fun-filled birthday party for you– complete with drinks, eatables and fun games. Planet Bowl has a clean and relaxing ambiance that would serve as a beautiful backdrop for your little one’s birthday party. If you make arrangements with Planet Bowl, you will save yourself from all the trouble of party planning and prepping. Do your kid and yourself a favor now by booking for a birthday party at Planet Bowl. What peace of mind to know that all you need to do is just show up at the party with a cake!
401 Mini-indy is an indoor car racing facility that would be the perfect birthday party venue for your little racing enthusiasts. You can choose from an array of kids birthday packages which are all guaranteed to thrill your child and his friends no end.
Imagine the thrill your child will get out of having a birthday party in a trampoline park? For sure, your kid’s birthday party will be filled with pure fun and hysterical laughter. Book now for an exciting birthday party for your kid at Skyzone Mississauga and get him and his guests literally “high” with excitement.
Putting Edge is a cutting-edge indoor mini golf course that will bring your kid’s birthday celebrant lots of fun playing golf. Adults can also join in on the fun or simply cheer on in the sidelines. Trust Putting Edge to take care of your kid’s birthday party needs with a bang. All you need to bring is a cake.
Give your child’s birthday party a fun twist by choosing a venue that’s different and out of the ordinary. Try any of the above venues for your kid’s birthday party.
Air Combat Zone
This is definitely the most unique venue for the kids birthday parties. Here the kids, in a flight simulator, fly CF-18 Hornet jet fighter. There is a mission where you have to meet several specific goals. The venue’s capacity is 20 people. Guests who are not flying can get engaged in different types of activities. For example besides watching others flight simulators they can practice and learn to combat better on the desktop PC simulators or they can simply devour the pizza that can be ordered from here itself. The bottom line is that the combination of thrill flying in the simulators and having fun with friends at the same time is perhaps a great choice for the teenage kids.
This place caters to children from 18 months to 12 years. You can choose from five themes for your kid’s birthday party. The package includes choosing grand costumes, glittery makeovers, dancing, singing and free gifts to take back. There are many themed activities and you spend time to get dressed up also. This venue is perfect for girls. So the birthday girl gets the special treatment. Since they offer catering also, you don’t have to worry about feeding the little ones.
Organizing a bowling tournament allows you to bond with others with similar interests. You can hold the event in the capacity of individual play or as a team competition. As a team event, you can feel the thrill in the air when players of respective teams vie with each other to score the highest totals. Team members can simultaneously contend for the top spot through alternate frames or they can play individual games and then have the scores added up. You need to spell out the rules for the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament before allowing players to enroll. You also have to ascertain that enough lanes are available to allow all the participants to have a fun-filled outing.
You can adhere to the order below when organizing a bowling tourney.
- Decide on the kind of tournament you are planning to hold. Whether you are planning to raise money for a charitable cause or planning a corporate outing will influence your strategy in different ways. Even for a corporate tourney, you will be required to raise money in order to bear the expenses of having trophies. Determine the event style, i.e., whether it will be a marathon featuring many game plays or whether it will be head to head knockout games.
- You now need to persuade someone to patronize your tournament. Get in touch with local businesses to seek their sponsorship. The money raised will be used for hiring lanes and buying trophies. A potential sponsor may be convinced by asking them to supply shirts with their brand logo and address alongside your event’s name. In this way, you can have a cheap bowling tourney and also score widespread publicity for the sponsor.
- You can, also set an entry level fee to fund the tournament and also hand over cash prizes to the winners.
- You don’t want to botch the tourney. This means that you need to set the eligibility criteria based on skill level, age, amateur or professional status, etc., to admit players.
- Contact a bowling alley you deem to be best suited for your needs. Enquire about their free dates. Alleys may offer discounts if you hire multiple alleys. You can also check the same out with them in order to accommodate more people.
- Start your hunt for participants by asking the bowling alley to have a sign with your contact address posted for the tourney. Interested people can fill the form out with the required information. This way you get to promulgate the date and time of the tournament in a hassle free manner.
- Clear up any confusion regarding the criteria for winning the tourney by displaying the tournament rules for all participants.
- Now, the cutoff date for participating should be set for a few weeks before you actually organize the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament. Once the entries have been sorted, prepare the schedule, arranging the bowlers sequentially. If the participant number has exceeded the pre-determined limit, you can arrange for several pool play rounds to shortlist the players appearing in the championship bracket.
The bowling world offers numerous competitions and tournaments. It is a social event that widens your horizons. You get to meet so many people and also make contacts. So if you are playing a tournament, it sure is fun; but organizing the same is a different experience altogether. By being on the organizing committee of a bowling tournament, you will get to know the nitty-gritty of the work that needs to be done for such an event and this experience will prepare you for more to come in the future. So if you think you haven’t the skills to organize an event, its your chance to try it out!
Have you ever been to a charity bowling event? Besides having fun, these events expose you to a different world. You see the cause for which it is held, and you come to know what you have in life that others are lacking, which in turn make you feel lucky. Apart from that you come to meet so many like minded people.
Attending a charity bowling event is great, but organizing one can be quite challenging. There are many types of charity bowling events, and each is a different game. They all need a lot of planning. To organize a charity bowling event will test the resilience of your nerves. If you want to pull off a sparkling event where the participants pledge a minimum amount to your coffer, you need to adhere to the points discussed below.
Do not dilly-dally with a high return corporate bowling event. Kick start your planning at least 6 months prior to the actual event by getting in touch with local bowling alleys. Your target weekend should not coincide with major holidays or other similar charity tourneys, else you may run the risk of failing to attract ardent bowlers.
Negotiate like Donald Trump
Now, you need to negotiate with the alley. You can engage yourself or someone from your organization to snag the best package deal. Request the alley to provide free shoes to bowlers, free soda from café, and passes to be distributed as prizes in corporate bowling parties. Tell them what a great cause it is and how you will promote the bowling alley.
Shiny Prizes draw in more Participants
Your tourney will fail to allure top bowlers without loads of fabulous prizes. You can hit the streets requesting people to donate for your charity event. Places like restaurants, grocery stores ranking high on the list of your favorite haunts can be approached to snag donations. You can get sponsors in your fold by assuring them of wide publicity of their brands during the charity event. Start with friends and contacts you already know.
Don’t starve your fat wallet donors!
Next, hunt for food donors to appeal to the appetite of bowlers. If no one shows up, you can order inexpensive munchies like hot dogs, pizzas from your pocket to invite gallant show from the energetic bowlers. Make sure everyone’s having fun and not hungry so that they will show up for your next charity event.
Promote the big event
Now, stoke excitement for the upcoming event by seeking voluntary participation of few bowlers to promote the event. This will kindle the interest of your supporters and give them an incentive to sign up for the event. Organize the registration process well ahead of the actual date, else you will feel disoriented when flooded by requests. Create compendious press releases and dispatch them to the offices of local newspapers, television channels to be broadcasted/ published for calling attention.
Keep the excitement rolling
Once potential participants start to enroll themselves for the charity corporate bowling tournament, start sending them weekly notes pertaining to fundraising or other bowling aspects to sustain their interest. You will find many participants actually contributing funds for the event. You can also stimulate the appetite of potential bowlers by disclosing what awaits them at the end of the tournament. One good way to do this is to announce prizes as you get them.
Make a (reasonable) schedule
Develop a game plan to avoid botching the tournament. A timeline with detailed assignment of responsibilities/areas to each person will do. The food setup, bowling game alley, prize tables, announcement desk etc should be laid out properly to avoid chaos. Make sure you schedule enough time for each element or else people will be there till closing time.
Once you are over with the tournament, you have earned tons of experience to be utilized in forthcoming corporate bowling parties. Relax, and after you are done with the exigencies that come in the wake of an event, make it a point to send ‘thank you’ notes to all the sponsors, individual contributors, star participants, and the bowling alley staff.
You can also get in touch with Mississauga corporate events organizers to get more insights and help into how to successfully organize a charity bowling tourney.
The corporate event of your company is around the corner, but you have run out of unique and invigorating ideas for recharging the drooping spirits of your team. Well, your worries stand to get resolved with a corporate bowling event. Bowling parties are fun, promote camaraderie among colleagues, and allow better assimilation of organization’s vision and mission among employees. Unbridled joy awaits employees of all age groups.
Organizing a corporate bowling event can be challenging, not because you need to slave away on finer details but owing to the fact that the prestige of your company is at stake. It is a team building event which serves the purposes of fostering unity, strengthening interpersonal relationship, and brings about an air of trust within the organization.
A bowling event informally conduces to team building and rehashing corporate values through interactive bowling event accompanied with serving of foods and beverages.
Corporate Bowling Parties
Plan for the budget
You embark on the job by assessing the corporate budget allocated for the purpose. Get in touch with the local bowling centre (Planet Bowl if you are in Toronto or Mississauga area) for reservation of bowling alleys well in advance. Do not dilly-dally, else you may run out of alleys on the designated day. This happens if the chosen day coincides with a public holiday or some other parties have already booked the alleys for their events. Do not meekly accept all the terms and conditions of the centre. Snag a bargain by convincing the managers to provide for free beverages or bowling shoes. The center also stands to get widespread publicity among your employees. Alongside, order fresh pizzas, burgers, hot dogs for feeding the staff. Try to get a package deal for the food. Remember hungry bowlers are unhappy bowlers. (FYI we here at Planet Bowl have a full size kitchen, that means fresh delicious yummy goodies)
Team Building is the goal
Now, get down to team building. Randomly assign people from different strata of the organization to each team to allow familiarity and forge new strong professional relationship. The competitive spirit of the staff will move to the next level with this initiative. The learning curve in bowling is not very steep making the game highly entertaining. Staff suffering from physical disabilities can also bowl.
Corporate Packages are usually the best deal
Most bowling centres in Toronto have tailored corporate packages which cater to your company’s requirements at reasonable rates. Sit with the managers and negotiate intensively to grab the best deal. The alleys have attached private party rooms and modern kitchen facilities too. Some centres offer money saving hourly discounts for corporate bowling parties exceeding a set number of participants.
The bowling rates in Toronto can vary. Daytime rates are applicable till 6PM and on weekends the rates may go up slightly. Beyond 6PM, the rates see a slight rise as more enthusiastic players pour in. The shoe rental rate is not included and will be charged additionally per head. Most alleys deny holding of corporate events on weekend nights. All reservations are allowed till three days in advance in most cases. Taxes will be applied over and above the decided rates. Be mindful of these while striking the deal.
Corporate bowling party offers an exciting platform for socializing, thus encouraging group interaction and better bonding among employees of different levels and departments. To get started call us at 416-695-2695 or book instantly online here.
Have you ever been to a fundraising event? If yes, then you must know how extravagant they can be. Well, they do not necessarily have to be, as there are some fundraising events where you just have to spend a simple happy hour at a bar in the neighborhood. There are many organizations, like non-profit ones and elementary schools that rely on these fundraising events to bring in the moola over a short period of time. While you don’t have to do much when you are an invitee, it is completely different when you get pulled on to the planning committee. It is no longer so much fun and you have to work out many details in order to make the evening enticing so that the attendees donate generously.
Here are the best 5 fundraising ideas that will bring in the moola and bring on the good times…
- Fundraising event at a bowling arena: Bowling can be real fun for adults. You can arrange a fantastic bowling event in your area, which everyone will enjoy attending. Don’t have it on a weekday, as no one has time to have fun then. Having the event on a weekend will definitely bring in more supporters. You can be innovative and add some competitions to the charity bowling event to make it even livelier. You could even raise the price of the bowling tickets. Instead of simply giving beer to the participants, try arranging for some snacks too. If you reside in Toronto and are planning to host a fundraising event, you should enquire about bowling rates Toronto.
- Bingo: For this fundraising event you need to make your own cards. Invite people but charge them something like a hundred dollars per ticket. Don’t offer exorbitant prizes; something small like sweets or promises of eternal friendship are suitable.
- Cake sale: This is one fundraising event that can’t go wrong. You will definitely make a lot of cash from this. All you have to do is bake lots of cakes and ask your friends to contribute to this event. They can bake their favorite cakes and bring them to the event. Everybody loves eating cake, so it should be no surprise if nothing is left for you at the end.
- Film show or film premiere: This kind of fundraising event can be done in two ways. If you have a friend or a relative who owns a movie theatre, you can ask them to help you raise funds by letting you use their cinema for one show. If it is a worthy cause, no one will ever refuse. You can sell the tickets at a higher than usual price. The other way is to arrange to stage a show at your home or your college or school where friends and family are allowed to come and watch the latest movie. You can also ask people to bring their own snacks.
- Fashionable fundraising: Fashion shows are very popular. Everyone wants to either be a model or to go to a fashion show. It is so glamorous that if you arrange one, none of your invitees will want to miss it. If you are arranging it on a large scale, you need to rope in a few fashion designers and models, which can be quite difficult. However, if you are planning to do it on a small scale, you can ask your friends to help you with modeling. You can choose some clothes from your own wardrobe or go to local stores to get some. Let these stores know of your intention to fundraise and maybe they will donate the clothes.
While there are many more fundraising ideas that get help generate money for the cause, the ones mentioned above are perhaps the easiest, most popular and loved by people. The simple formula to success in a fundraising event is being thoroughly prepared and knowing your demographics.
Are you tired of hosting your kid’s birthday party at the same venue each year? How about something different this year? How about a theme party? A theme party for your child’s birthday this year would really be a welcome change. Adding a special theme to your kid’s birthday party will definitely be an improvement over the ordinary celebrations that you usually hold in a restaurant or your home. If your kid’s party is near, and you just don’t know what to do, then why not read on to find out which of the following would be the best idea for you?
Here are 5 Fun Theme Parties Kids Will Love
Theme #1 – Disco party at a bowling center
Disco party can be real fun. With everybody wearing funky outfits, things can really go wild in this theme party. How about combining the disco theme party with bowling? You may be surprised to know that kids love bowling. Even toddlers can bowl. How hard can it be? All they have to do is roll the ball. Parents will also enjoy trying their skills out at the bowling alley. So by throwing a disco theme party you are not only entertaining kids but you are also having fun. Most bowling alleys have these fantastic birthday party packages. Packages consist of the usual services like food, decorations, cake, balloons, drinks and music. However, different packages are differently priced.
If you reside in Mississauga or Toronto, you must be aware that there are numerous bowling alleys in these places. Bowling Mississauga and Toronto alleys offer several attractive deals for birthday parties. They have a set price for each package for a certain number of kids, and for each additional kid there will be an extra charge. Ask for bowling rates Toronto or Mississauga, wherever you are residing, and compare them so that you get the best deal with maximum inclusions.
Theme #2 – Disney Princess
If you have a daughter who loves fairy tales, then a Disney Princess theme party is surely going to be a hit. You can buy one of those lovely Disney Princess dresses for her like that of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Princess Jasmine and get her all dressed up. Don’t forget the tiara. You can buy tiaras for all the other girls too. If you are also inviting boys to the party, you can ask one of them to dress up like Prince Charming.
Theme #3 – Star Wars
This is the most popular theme for boys’ birthday parties. Boys will love to get dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper. You can buy laser swords and give one to each kid. You can arrange for action packed light saber battles and give prizes to the winners. The light sabers come in a variety of different colors like red, blue, green and purple. Boys are going to really love this theme as it gives them permission to be as lively as they want.
Theme #4 – Costume Party
If your child loves arts and crafts, then you can use this activity for his or her birthday party. What you can do is throw a costume party and invite kids to design their own costumes. Although you have to go to the market and buy all essential stuff so that they can create their outfits, it will be worth it.
Theme #5 – Rock Star Party
If your kid is fun loving and enjoys music, a Rock Star party will be fun. This theme will create a real blast. You can keep karaoke for the guests who can get dressed like rock stars. The idea is to keep them entertained for hours and this theme will do just that. Since there is a chance that things can get out of hand, you should have an older person supervise.
Whatever theme you will choose for your child’s birthday party, make sure that it stays within your budget. Going a little over the budget should not be a problem as long as guests have fun and you are comfortable hosting it.
Planet Bowl is extremely honoured and privileged to be hosts to the best strokers, crankers and tweeners in the Americas and Caribbean for the summer of 2015.
John Chapman; our General Manager and a senior member of the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA), mirrors the city’s excitement, “We’re incredibly excited to host the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am bowling tournament. This is a wonderful opportunity for our facility to host an international competition and to join together in the community celebration when the Games come to Toronto and Canada in the summer of 2015!”
A holiday party is probably the last thing on your mind as you try to wrap up this year’s business and deal with all the other formalities. Even if you haven’t managed that you cannot ignore the holiday office party, as you still need to motivate your employees. So plan your office party and be stress free.
Which is the best venue for your holiday office party?
One of the most important things to consider when throwing an office party is the venue. This dilemma can be solved by hosting it on your office premises. Small or mid-sized businesses should host the party in their office premises, as they will save a lot of money by not having to rent a room or a hall. If your office building has a huge penthouse or an empty space, you can take that on rent to host your party. This way you are able to spend more money on food and entertainment. You won’t have to find a venue and your employees won’t have to struggle through traffic to reach it. Also, whatever decorations you put up will be retained by you, and can be enjoyed during other office parties in the future.
If you want to hold the party off the official premises, it would be best to use your personal or professional networking connections. See if any one of them can offer you discounts on their normal rates. You never know if the person with whom you play golf or tennis on a regular basis is the owner of such facilities!
Conference halls are pretty expensive, but the professional service offered there is next to none. The staff there knows what is required for a holiday office party and will prepare things for you in advance. For example, they will decorate the place for you, and arrange dinners with a large menu to choose from. So if you have a big enough budget, go for a conference hall.
Did you know that official parties are also hosted in bowling centers? Well, bowling centers are great fun. Not only do your employees get a chance to play the game, it will also de-stress them. They will be more open to each other and will interact in a friendly way. Generally, the atmosphere is more relaxed, people let go of their inhibitions and there is a great team spirit.
There are so many bowling centers, but if you happen to be in Toronto, you’ll find that bowling centers in Toronto offer great packages for a holiday office party. With the festive season around the corner most of them are offering discounts and special extra services to attract more customers.
A holiday office party offers an ideal opportunity for employees and employers to spend time with each other and get to know each other better. Your party should be such that the employees feel they are part of the entire entertainment instead of just being passive observers. Why not encourage them to get involved in the arrangements?
A corporate event is a great opportunity for a company big like a fortune 100 company or small like a local Mississauga dental office not only to reward their employees for the work they have done, but also as a teambuilding opportunity to ensure the staff is comfortable with each other and can work together as a team. There are tons of great venues and activities in Mississauga where companies can take their staff for a fun company outing, including bowling, picnics, or musical events.
Top 10 Places to Hold Corporate Events in Mississauga
Picnic parks are a great place to get your employees together for an afternoon of fun and learning. Large open spaces allow the perfect opportunity for group teambuilding and recreational activities to be set up. Weather permitting, a picnic in a park can be a place where staff can shed their inhibitions with their ties, dress casually and bond with each other over the barbecue pits.
An easy and effective corporate group event can be a bowling party. Bowling parties are not only great fun and universally enjoyed, but also a great way to encourage group interaction and inspire team spirit. Bowling in teams can bring out the best and most supportive aspects of your employees, while shedding their inhibitions. A bowling center like Planet Bowl will take care of all the needs of such an event ensuring that it runs smoothly.
Casino Nights are a more formal event where employees can dress up and let their hair down. They can be set up at any of the banquet halls or convention centers that a company chooses for its corporate event.
A party on a cruise ship or a yacht is also a fun memorable experience for the employees of your company. A party with a sunset over the waters, extending into a night of revelry under a starry sky will certainly go a long way to make people feel special, and that the company has gone out of their way to make them feel valued.
A live singer or performance will add an element of glamour to the event, which will set it apart from the usual party.
Another musical idea is that of a drum café, where music facilitators bring in drums and teach people coordinated beats so they can make music together. It is a great exercise in learning to work with each other, and collaborating to make something bigger than each one, which will help with teambuilding.
Organizing a scavenger hunt where people drive around the city looking for clues and taking pictures of the objects on the list with their camera phones is also a great way to bring out the spirit of adventure, teamwork, and healthy competition.
If you want a corporate event that will add value to the community to work in, a group community service event can help your team come together to work for a greater cause such as a Food Bank.
Art galleries or museums will add a measure of style and culture to your corporate event elevating it from the mundane to the extraordinary.
If you’re looking to take the level of style and elegance to another level, you can have your event at one of the city’s many nightclubs.
Those are the top 10 places to have your corporate events in Mississauga. Any other suggestions? Post it in the comment section below.
As summer winds down and the CNE starts again you would want to get the most fun before Fall comes along. Toronto is a world-class city replete with exciting options for visitors as well as its citizens. A mix of fun and culture can be found in a large number of options across the city just a few of which are highlighted here.
Top 10 places to have fun in Toronto
- CN Tower one of the world’s tallest buildings takes excitement to a peak with a 58 second high-speed glass elevator which you can ride to the top to feast your eyes on some incredible views. Myriad options for shopping, and dining make it a fun trip for the entire family.
- Wonderland is Canada’s foremost theme park with hundreds of attractions, which include a large variety of roller coasters, water rides, and other thrilling adventures adding up to 65 exciting rides, including the world’s biggest and tallest roller coaster.
- Harbourfront Centre is a performance space where musical and theatrical acts are held around the year, including regular children’s events. The centre brings international acts from across the globe, exhibiting cultural diversity on its stages, making it an ideal way to introduce children to the cultural arts. The icing on the cake is the large pond, which is freezes to form an ice skating rink in the winters.
- Medieval Times Dinner recreates those old times where knights in shining armor and riding horses vie for glory in authentic tournament action. Guests are served an elaborate medieval-style four-course meal, which adds substance to the drama. The vast tournament arena can seat up to 1400 and is housed inside a castle-like structure.
- Toronto Zoo is a fascination to people of all ages, which brings together thousands of animals representing hundreds of species in one wonderful forest environment. Located in the beautiful forest region in northeast Toronto, the space inspires love for animals and respect for the environment in all who step fool inside it. A special kids zoo allows children to interact with the animals, and a new Panda bear makes the trip all that much more valuable.
- Wild Water Kingdom is an ideal way to beat the Toronto heat and is therefore a popular summer activity for both adults and children. Miles of water slides, wave pools and water sports lend an unbeatable aura or frolic. The Dolphin Bay playground is a wonderfully serene pool where younger children can play in the water, and the whole family can enjoy batting cages, miniature golf and bumper boats. In addition to heated waterslides and giant whirlpool hot tubs, the thrill-seekers can head down the speed slides or for the tidal wave pool.
- Bata Shoe Museum is an unusual space where an extensive range of shoes from around the world is exhibited. It is a world of fantasy where women can swoon over the footwear, while the men marvel at the vastness of the collection. The variety of collections extends from shoes worn by North American Indigenous people, shoes from across the globe and across time, as well as celebrity shoes worn by musicians, artists, and actors including John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Playdium Mississauga is a massive indoor complex consisting of over 200 attractions and rides replete with unique high-tech and interactive forms of entertainment, both virtual and physical. Prizes can be won in the Redemption zone, so bring your skills into play at this mega entertainment zone. If only for its size and the variety of entertainment it brings together in one place it should not be given a miss. This is a sure fire place to have fun in Toronto.
- Planet Bowl is a large bowling centre, which also brings entertainment for all ages together under one roof. In addition to regular bowling, and bowling leagues it brings the experience of cosmic bowling to the visitor, a nighttime bowling activity where the lanes glow with an otherworldly light and a DJ plays the trendiest tracks of the day. Providing a vast menu of child-friendly foods and beverages, bowling is a fun activity for when children need a bit of adventure, and parents want to relax and play a couple of games.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario, an architectural delight bringing together elements of light and wood, is a wonderful space to delight in some art and culture. Toronto-born and now world-renowned architect Frank Gehry designed the gallery, which is characterized by sweeping staircases and glass walls. Over 5,000 works of art hang in hundreds of galleries, and one can easily pass a day in its warm and airy halls without a though for the time.