Organizing a bowling tournament allows you to bond with others with similar interests. You can hold the event in the capacity of individual play or as a team competition. As a team event, you can feel the thrill in the air when players of respective teams vie with each other to score the highest totals. Team members can simultaneously contend for the top spot through alternate frames or they can play individual games and then have the scores added up. You need to spell out the rules for the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament before allowing players to enroll. You also have to ascertain that enough lanes are available to allow all the participants to have a fun-filled outing.
You can adhere to the order below when organizing a bowling tourney.
- Decide on the kind of tournament you are planning to hold. Whether you are planning to raise money for a charitable cause or planning a corporate outing will influence your strategy in different ways. Even for a corporate tourney, you will be required to raise money in order to bear the expenses of having trophies. Determine the event style, i.e., whether it will be a marathon featuring many game plays or whether it will be head to head knockout games.
- You now need to persuade someone to patronize your tournament. Get in touch with local businesses to seek their sponsorship. The money raised will be used for hiring lanes and buying trophies. A potential sponsor may be convinced by asking them to supply shirts with their brand logo and address alongside your event’s name. In this way, you can have a cheap bowling tourney and also score widespread publicity for the sponsor.
- You can, also set an entry level fee to fund the tournament and also hand over cash prizes to the winners.
- You don’t want to botch the tourney. This means that you need to set the eligibility criteria based on skill level, age, amateur or professional status, etc., to admit players.
- Contact a bowling alley you deem to be best suited for your needs. Enquire about their free dates. Alleys may offer discounts if you hire multiple alleys. You can also check the same out with them in order to accommodate more people.
- Start your hunt for participants by asking the bowling alley to have a sign with your contact address posted for the tourney. Interested people can fill the form out with the required information. This way you get to promulgate the date and time of the tournament in a hassle free manner.
- Clear up any confusion regarding the criteria for winning the tourney by displaying the tournament rules for all participants.
- Now, the cutoff date for participating should be set for a few weeks before you actually organize the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament. Once the entries have been sorted, prepare the schedule, arranging the bowlers sequentially. If the participant number has exceeded the pre-determined limit, you can arrange for several pool play rounds to shortlist the players appearing in the championship bracket.
The bowling world offers numerous competitions and tournaments. It is a social event that widens your horizons. You get to meet so many people and also make contacts. So if you are playing a tournament, it sure is fun; but organizing the same is a different experience altogether. By being on the organizing committee of a bowling tournament, you will get to know the nitty-gritty of the work that needs to be done for such an event and this experience will prepare you for more to come in the future. So if you think you haven’t the skills to organize an event, its your chance to try it out!