- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Category Archives: party
Cosmic Bowling in Mississauga -Something more than a typical Bowling Experience
If you live in the Mississauga area, you might have heard of the cosmic or “X-treme” bowling experience at Planet Bowl from your friends or family. Let’s explore it some more below..
Just what is “X-treme” cosmic bowling in Mississauga at Planet Bowl?
Imagine this: The lighting is lowered. Loud music moves everyone in the room. Fluorescent lasers shoot all around you. Introducing “X-treme” or cosmic bowling in Eglinton at Planet Bowl – Your supreme glow in the dark bowling encounter that is totally out of this world!
“X-treme” bowling isn’t just your typical 10-pin bowling experience. Dependent upon your bowling centre your cosmic bowling adventure might include a light display, a fog unit and even a Disc jockey.
Looking for a genuine cosmic bowling adventure in Mississauga on Eglinton? Planet Bowl is the perfect place. Picture the bowling pins, the bowling balls and the side gutters illuminating. This luminescent impact provides the entire centre with a “cosmic” feel – and so the name cosmic bowling! Planet Bowl offers cosmic bowling or as we call it, “X-treme” bowling for both children and adults. Kids particularly enjoy the entire ambiance, and are also amused when their clothing lights up and glows! Planet Bowl even offers glow-in-the-dark bowling celebrations for kids birthday parties so that is one area well worth looking into for your child’s birthday bash.
Cosmic bowling is most in-demand at nighttime primarily due to the fact that a grooving club-like mood is created. We also offer this sort of bowling on occasions or special events which can make bowling seem like a brand new experience even to people who’ve bowled before. A winning prize is offered if a bowling pin of a unique colour is at the front side of all the pins in the set and you end up bowling a strike!
Glowing fluorescent lighting effects, blaring tunes and bowling in the dark might not be for you if you’re an advanced pro bowler – you will probably find the lighting effects and deafening music annoying. In this instance it’s wise to call in and go during a time when normal 10-pin bowling is offered. Nevertheless, if you wish to expose the kids to bowling, cosmic bowling is an enjoyable method of getting them to get started and enjoy bowling!
Do you remember your neon outfits?
With dim lights, foot tapping music and bowls glowing under UV lights, we offer an exciting experience that will remind you of your neon parties; only that we offer it all at a much larger and professional scale. As the beats get louder and cosmic bowling kicks off, the pins get brighter, and the mood is lifted to the atomic stage. We play some of the best numbers for you. Our facility is fully stocked for snacks and drinks for your family or a friendly party. Then why go anywhere else? Why go to the same clubs and bars every weekend and get bored, when you can have a fun filled cosmic bowl evening at planet bowl? Give these mundane joints a miss this weekend and visit us. Book a few bowling games and enjoy!
How to play?
Cosmic bowling is one of those extreme sports where there is always room for improvement. If you want to improve your game, you should have knowledge about it, practice it and most importantly have the proper equipment, especially the shoes. Well, if you have these things in place, then go to the next level to experience cosmic bowling. Remember to focus on pins and throw the ball because the lights will be dimmer than usual. With a dance club like atmosphere in this glow in the dark bowling event, you shouldn’t think about winning; instead you should have fun and relax.
Now you must be thinking what are our prices for all this fun? Well we offer very affordable bowling rates because we think that having a great time doesn’t have to cost a lot. We offer cosmic bowling at a price anyone can afford.
Want to experience cosmic bowling in Mississauga or cosmic bowling in Eglinton? If you live in the Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke or Brampton area check out Planet Bowl for our amazing cosmic “X-treme” bowling evenings. The X-treme glow in the dark experience commences at 8pm and runs all the way up until 2am. If you’d like to find out about a bowling social gathering event, company celebration or have got general concerns go ahead and call us at 416-695-2695 at any time all through our business hours or send us an email at [email protected].
Simply put, X-treme bowling at Planet Bowl is much like going to a night club, with a bowling ball. You undoubtedly need to check it out for yourself to discover what it’s all about!
If you have kids and are searching for things for kids to do in Mississauga, you’re probably like most other parents out there looking for fun activities to do not too far from home. Well, let me tell you, if you are live in the Mississauga area in Ontario, Canada, it’s a great place to be. With numerous malls and great dining attractions at easy driving distances this city offers a lot for both locals and tourists with children.
Things for Kids to Do In Mississauga for Both Travelers and Locals:
If you’re traveling with kids you’re probably looking for things for kids to do in Mississauga, even if it’s just an evening out.
Mississauga is located just west of Toronto and Toronto’s major international airport, Pearson International Airport, falls within Mississauga city limits, making Mississauga a top city choice for travelers to book hotels. This is especially true if you’ve flown down to see the incredible Niagara Falls with your kids. Niagara Falls is just 105 kilometres from Mississauga and takes approximately 1.5 hours to get there by car.
If you live in Mississauga and you found this post while searching for things for kids to do in Mississauga you’re probably aware of some local attractions but there might be some places you might have overlooked that we cover here. Kids love action and games! Be sure to check out the Playdium, just north of Square One mall. It houses everything from arcade games to mini-golf to go-carting and more!
For a fine shopping experience look no further than Square One mall which offers shopping stores of all the major brands including eclectic stores you might not find elsewhere. Fine dining is also nearby with North American classic restaurants like Jack Astors, Moxie’s Classic Grill and Fazoolis.
If you have a full day to spend a MUST attraction is the African Lion Safari, where you can roam and see wildlife – this is however a 65 km drive west of Mississauga. Another fun attraction is Canada’s Wonderland, a large scale amusement park with over 200 attractions, thundering roller coasters, thrill rides and a water park.
How about playing golf? On way from Mississauga Skate Park you will find Bathgate Andy’s mini golf. It is a perfect solution for parents who have teenage kids and smaller kids. You can take your kids to this mini golf course and introduce them to the world of golf. If they already know how to play, they will surely enjoy this small course.
Yet another exciting thing that you can do with your kids is to take them Erindale Park, Mississauga. The Credit River flows through it which is inhabited by wild trout and salmon. You can see several fishermen fishing. Follow the river upstream and you can see how it is beautifully lined up with boulders that are overlooking deep waters. Downstream is shallow where the river flows over the rock bed. It is a lovely trail that goes on for about an hour.
If you want to take your kids out to admire nature you can take them to Rattray Marsh, which is located between Mississauga and Oakville. There are many view points that attract the young kids. It will take you about half an hour to stroll along the walkway that borders the marsh. This place is inhabited by many birds, so make sure that you stop your kids from time to time and make them watch birds or listen to them.
If you are hungry, how about resting and eating at Chuck E. Cheese. This is a nicely staffed family restaurant that also showcases free-of-charge shows and several games which even adults can enjoy.
If you’ve exhausted most of the major activity places in Mississauga one place your kids won’t get tired of going again and again is Planet Bowl. Located in Etobicoke, Planet Bowl offers a fun bowling experience for the whole family. Featuring a modern facility and a full-size kitchen you and your kids can eat and bowl at the same time!
Plus Planet Bowl does not offer just regular 10-pin bowling. Ask about their cosmic bowling nights – a high entertainment glow in the dark bowling experience that the kids are sure to enjoy.
The next time you’re looking for things for kids to do in Mississauga head over to Planet Bowl and you’re in for a real treat.
We all know how important birthdays are to our kids. Children look forward to their birthdays with so much joyful anticipation that we feel bound to give them the birthday of their dreams. Any loving parent would want to give his child a birthday experience that is truly exciting and memorable. If you want to treat your kid to a birthday party in Mississauga he will not soon forget, try something different—like staging a birthday party for him in a bowling alley or an indoor gaming facility! Such an exciting birthday party venue would make his birthday truly special and give him the feeling that he is truly loved. The following are 5 awesome places in which to celebrate your kid’s birthday party in Mississauga.
Playdium offers a complete and thrilling birthday package for kids. It provides kid-friendly food, many fun games and lots of exciting outdoor activities that will thrill the kids as well as the adults. Holding your child’s birthday party at Playdium makes for an unforgettable birthday memory for your beloved child. You can choose from the different birthday packages Playdim has in store. Skip the hassles of prepping for your kid’s birthday party by enlisting the birthday party services of Playdium.
Planet Bowl is another thrilling venue for your child’s birthday party. If you have anywhere from 4 to 28 guests, Planet Bowl can plan a fun-filled birthday party for you– complete with drinks, eatables and fun games. Planet Bowl has a clean and relaxing ambiance that would serve as a beautiful backdrop for your little one’s birthday party. If you make arrangements with Planet Bowl, you will save yourself from all the trouble of party planning and prepping. Do your kid and yourself a favor now by booking for a birthday party at Planet Bowl. What peace of mind to know that all you need to do is just show up at the party with a cake!
401 Mini-indy is an indoor car racing facility that would be the perfect birthday party venue for your little racing enthusiasts. You can choose from an array of kids birthday packages which are all guaranteed to thrill your child and his friends no end.
Imagine the thrill your child will get out of having a birthday party in a trampoline park? For sure, your kid’s birthday party will be filled with pure fun and hysterical laughter. Book now for an exciting birthday party for your kid at Skyzone Mississauga and get him and his guests literally “high” with excitement.
Putting Edge is a cutting-edge indoor mini golf course that will bring your kid’s birthday celebrant lots of fun playing golf. Adults can also join in on the fun or simply cheer on in the sidelines. Trust Putting Edge to take care of your kid’s birthday party needs with a bang. All you need to bring is a cake.
Give your child’s birthday party a fun twist by choosing a venue that’s different and out of the ordinary. Try any of the above venues for your kid’s birthday party.
Air Combat Zone
This is definitely the most unique venue for the kids birthday parties. Here the kids, in a flight simulator, fly CF-18 Hornet jet fighter. There is a mission where you have to meet several specific goals. The venue’s capacity is 20 people. Guests who are not flying can get engaged in different types of activities. For example besides watching others flight simulators they can practice and learn to combat better on the desktop PC simulators or they can simply devour the pizza that can be ordered from here itself. The bottom line is that the combination of thrill flying in the simulators and having fun with friends at the same time is perhaps a great choice for the teenage kids.
This place caters to children from 18 months to 12 years. You can choose from five themes for your kid’s birthday party. The package includes choosing grand costumes, glittery makeovers, dancing, singing and free gifts to take back. There are many themed activities and you spend time to get dressed up also. This venue is perfect for girls. So the birthday girl gets the special treatment. Since they offer catering also, you don’t have to worry about feeding the little ones.
Organizing a bowling tournament allows you to bond with others with similar interests. You can hold the event in the capacity of individual play or as a team competition. As a team event, you can feel the thrill in the air when players of respective teams vie with each other to score the highest totals. Team members can simultaneously contend for the top spot through alternate frames or they can play individual games and then have the scores added up. You need to spell out the rules for the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament before allowing players to enroll. You also have to ascertain that enough lanes are available to allow all the participants to have a fun-filled outing.
You can adhere to the order below when organizing a bowling tourney.
- Decide on the kind of tournament you are planning to hold. Whether you are planning to raise money for a charitable cause or planning a corporate outing will influence your strategy in different ways. Even for a corporate tourney, you will be required to raise money in order to bear the expenses of having trophies. Determine the event style, i.e., whether it will be a marathon featuring many game plays or whether it will be head to head knockout games.
- You now need to persuade someone to patronize your tournament. Get in touch with local businesses to seek their sponsorship. The money raised will be used for hiring lanes and buying trophies. A potential sponsor may be convinced by asking them to supply shirts with their brand logo and address alongside your event’s name. In this way, you can have a cheap bowling tourney and also score widespread publicity for the sponsor.
- You can, also set an entry level fee to fund the tournament and also hand over cash prizes to the winners.
- You don’t want to botch the tourney. This means that you need to set the eligibility criteria based on skill level, age, amateur or professional status, etc., to admit players.
- Contact a bowling alley you deem to be best suited for your needs. Enquire about their free dates. Alleys may offer discounts if you hire multiple alleys. You can also check the same out with them in order to accommodate more people.
- Start your hunt for participants by asking the bowling alley to have a sign with your contact address posted for the tourney. Interested people can fill the form out with the required information. This way you get to promulgate the date and time of the tournament in a hassle free manner.
- Clear up any confusion regarding the criteria for winning the tourney by displaying the tournament rules for all participants.
- Now, the cutoff date for participating should be set for a few weeks before you actually organize the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament. Once the entries have been sorted, prepare the schedule, arranging the bowlers sequentially. If the participant number has exceeded the pre-determined limit, you can arrange for several pool play rounds to shortlist the players appearing in the championship bracket.
The bowling world offers numerous competitions and tournaments. It is a social event that widens your horizons. You get to meet so many people and also make contacts. So if you are playing a tournament, it sure is fun; but organizing the same is a different experience altogether. By being on the organizing committee of a bowling tournament, you will get to know the nitty-gritty of the work that needs to be done for such an event and this experience will prepare you for more to come in the future. So if you think you haven’t the skills to organize an event, its your chance to try it out!
Have you ever been to a charity bowling event? Besides having fun, these events expose you to a different world. You see the cause for which it is held, and you come to know what you have in life that others are lacking, which in turn make you feel lucky. Apart from that you come to meet so many like minded people.
Attending a charity bowling event is great, but organizing one can be quite challenging. There are many types of charity bowling events, and each is a different game. They all need a lot of planning. To organize a charity bowling event will test the resilience of your nerves. If you want to pull off a sparkling event where the participants pledge a minimum amount to your coffer, you need to adhere to the points discussed below.
Do not dilly-dally with a high return corporate bowling event. Kick start your planning at least 6 months prior to the actual event by getting in touch with local bowling alleys. Your target weekend should not coincide with major holidays or other similar charity tourneys, else you may run the risk of failing to attract ardent bowlers.
Negotiate like Donald Trump
Now, you need to negotiate with the alley. You can engage yourself or someone from your organization to snag the best package deal. Request the alley to provide free shoes to bowlers, free soda from café, and passes to be distributed as prizes in corporate bowling parties. Tell them what a great cause it is and how you will promote the bowling alley.
Shiny Prizes draw in more Participants
Your tourney will fail to allure top bowlers without loads of fabulous prizes. You can hit the streets requesting people to donate for your charity event. Places like restaurants, grocery stores ranking high on the list of your favorite haunts can be approached to snag donations. You can get sponsors in your fold by assuring them of wide publicity of their brands during the charity event. Start with friends and contacts you already know.
Don’t starve your fat wallet donors!
Next, hunt for food donors to appeal to the appetite of bowlers. If no one shows up, you can order inexpensive munchies like hot dogs, pizzas from your pocket to invite gallant show from the energetic bowlers. Make sure everyone’s having fun and not hungry so that they will show up for your next charity event.
Promote the big event
Now, stoke excitement for the upcoming event by seeking voluntary participation of few bowlers to promote the event. This will kindle the interest of your supporters and give them an incentive to sign up for the event. Organize the registration process well ahead of the actual date, else you will feel disoriented when flooded by requests. Create compendious press releases and dispatch them to the offices of local newspapers, television channels to be broadcasted/ published for calling attention.
Keep the excitement rolling
Once potential participants start to enroll themselves for the charity corporate bowling tournament, start sending them weekly notes pertaining to fundraising or other bowling aspects to sustain their interest. You will find many participants actually contributing funds for the event. You can also stimulate the appetite of potential bowlers by disclosing what awaits them at the end of the tournament. One good way to do this is to announce prizes as you get them.
Make a (reasonable) schedule
Develop a game plan to avoid botching the tournament. A timeline with detailed assignment of responsibilities/areas to each person will do. The food setup, bowling game alley, prize tables, announcement desk etc should be laid out properly to avoid chaos. Make sure you schedule enough time for each element or else people will be there till closing time.
Once you are over with the tournament, you have earned tons of experience to be utilized in forthcoming corporate bowling parties. Relax, and after you are done with the exigencies that come in the wake of an event, make it a point to send ‘thank you’ notes to all the sponsors, individual contributors, star participants, and the bowling alley staff.
You can also get in touch with Mississauga corporate events organizers to get more insights and help into how to successfully organize a charity bowling tourney.
The corporate event of your company is around the corner, but you have run out of unique and invigorating ideas for recharging the drooping spirits of your team. Well, your worries stand to get resolved with a corporate bowling event. Bowling parties are fun, promote camaraderie among colleagues, and allow better assimilation of organization’s vision and mission among employees. Unbridled joy awaits employees of all age groups.
Organizing a corporate bowling event can be challenging, not because you need to slave away on finer details but owing to the fact that the prestige of your company is at stake. It is a team building event which serves the purposes of fostering unity, strengthening interpersonal relationship, and brings about an air of trust within the organization.
A bowling event informally conduces to team building and rehashing corporate values through interactive bowling event accompanied with serving of foods and beverages.
Corporate Bowling Parties
Plan for the budget
You embark on the job by assessing the corporate budget allocated for the purpose. Get in touch with the local bowling centre (Planet Bowl if you are in Toronto or Mississauga area) for reservation of bowling alleys well in advance. Do not dilly-dally, else you may run out of alleys on the designated day. This happens if the chosen day coincides with a public holiday or some other parties have already booked the alleys for their events. Do not meekly accept all the terms and conditions of the centre. Snag a bargain by convincing the managers to provide for free beverages or bowling shoes. The center also stands to get widespread publicity among your employees. Alongside, order fresh pizzas, burgers, hot dogs for feeding the staff. Try to get a package deal for the food. Remember hungry bowlers are unhappy bowlers. (FYI we here at Planet Bowl have a full size kitchen, that means fresh delicious yummy goodies)
Team Building is the goal
Now, get down to team building. Randomly assign people from different strata of the organization to each team to allow familiarity and forge new strong professional relationship. The competitive spirit of the staff will move to the next level with this initiative. The learning curve in bowling is not very steep making the game highly entertaining. Staff suffering from physical disabilities can also bowl.
Corporate Packages are usually the best deal
Most bowling centres in Toronto have tailored corporate packages which cater to your company’s requirements at reasonable rates. Sit with the managers and negotiate intensively to grab the best deal. The alleys have attached private party rooms and modern kitchen facilities too. Some centres offer money saving hourly discounts for corporate bowling parties exceeding a set number of participants.
The bowling rates in Toronto can vary. Daytime rates are applicable till 6PM and on weekends the rates may go up slightly. Beyond 6PM, the rates see a slight rise as more enthusiastic players pour in. The shoe rental rate is not included and will be charged additionally per head. Most alleys deny holding of corporate events on weekend nights. All reservations are allowed till three days in advance in most cases. Taxes will be applied over and above the decided rates. Be mindful of these while striking the deal.
Corporate bowling party offers an exciting platform for socializing, thus encouraging group interaction and better bonding among employees of different levels and departments. To get started call us at 416-695-2695 or book instantly online here.
Have you ever been to a fundraising event? If yes, then you must know how extravagant they can be. Well, they do not necessarily have to be, as there are some fundraising events where you just have to spend a simple happy hour at a bar in the neighborhood. There are many organizations, like non-profit ones and elementary schools that rely on these fundraising events to bring in the moola over a short period of time. While you don’t have to do much when you are an invitee, it is completely different when you get pulled on to the planning committee. It is no longer so much fun and you have to work out many details in order to make the evening enticing so that the attendees donate generously.
Here are the best 5 fundraising ideas that will bring in the moola and bring on the good times…
- Fundraising event at a bowling arena: Bowling can be real fun for adults. You can arrange a fantastic bowling event in your area, which everyone will enjoy attending. Don’t have it on a weekday, as no one has time to have fun then. Having the event on a weekend will definitely bring in more supporters. You can be innovative and add some competitions to the charity bowling event to make it even livelier. You could even raise the price of the bowling tickets. Instead of simply giving beer to the participants, try arranging for some snacks too. If you reside in Toronto and are planning to host a fundraising event, you should enquire about bowling rates Toronto.
- Bingo: For this fundraising event you need to make your own cards. Invite people but charge them something like a hundred dollars per ticket. Don’t offer exorbitant prizes; something small like sweets or promises of eternal friendship are suitable.
- Cake sale: This is one fundraising event that can’t go wrong. You will definitely make a lot of cash from this. All you have to do is bake lots of cakes and ask your friends to contribute to this event. They can bake their favorite cakes and bring them to the event. Everybody loves eating cake, so it should be no surprise if nothing is left for you at the end.
- Film show or film premiere: This kind of fundraising event can be done in two ways. If you have a friend or a relative who owns a movie theatre, you can ask them to help you raise funds by letting you use their cinema for one show. If it is a worthy cause, no one will ever refuse. You can sell the tickets at a higher than usual price. The other way is to arrange to stage a show at your home or your college or school where friends and family are allowed to come and watch the latest movie. You can also ask people to bring their own snacks.
- Fashionable fundraising: Fashion shows are very popular. Everyone wants to either be a model or to go to a fashion show. It is so glamorous that if you arrange one, none of your invitees will want to miss it. If you are arranging it on a large scale, you need to rope in a few fashion designers and models, which can be quite difficult. However, if you are planning to do it on a small scale, you can ask your friends to help you with modeling. You can choose some clothes from your own wardrobe or go to local stores to get some. Let these stores know of your intention to fundraise and maybe they will donate the clothes.
While there are many more fundraising ideas that get help generate money for the cause, the ones mentioned above are perhaps the easiest, most popular and loved by people. The simple formula to success in a fundraising event is being thoroughly prepared and knowing your demographics.
Are you tired of hosting your kid’s birthday party at the same venue each year? How about something different this year? How about a theme party? A theme party for your child’s birthday this year would really be a welcome change. Adding a special theme to your kid’s birthday party will definitely be an improvement over the ordinary celebrations that you usually hold in a restaurant or your home. If your kid’s party is near, and you just don’t know what to do, then why not read on to find out which of the following would be the best idea for you?
Here are 5 Fun Theme Parties Kids Will Love
Theme #1 – Disco party at a bowling center
Disco party can be real fun. With everybody wearing funky outfits, things can really go wild in this theme party. How about combining the disco theme party with bowling? You may be surprised to know that kids love bowling. Even toddlers can bowl. How hard can it be? All they have to do is roll the ball. Parents will also enjoy trying their skills out at the bowling alley. So by throwing a disco theme party you are not only entertaining kids but you are also having fun. Most bowling alleys have these fantastic birthday party packages. Packages consist of the usual services like food, decorations, cake, balloons, drinks and music. However, different packages are differently priced.
If you reside in Mississauga or Toronto, you must be aware that there are numerous bowling alleys in these places. Bowling Mississauga and Toronto alleys offer several attractive deals for birthday parties. They have a set price for each package for a certain number of kids, and for each additional kid there will be an extra charge. Ask for bowling rates Toronto or Mississauga, wherever you are residing, and compare them so that you get the best deal with maximum inclusions.
Theme #2 – Disney Princess
If you have a daughter who loves fairy tales, then a Disney Princess theme party is surely going to be a hit. You can buy one of those lovely Disney Princess dresses for her like that of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Princess Jasmine and get her all dressed up. Don’t forget the tiara. You can buy tiaras for all the other girls too. If you are also inviting boys to the party, you can ask one of them to dress up like Prince Charming.
Theme #3 – Star Wars
This is the most popular theme for boys’ birthday parties. Boys will love to get dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper. You can buy laser swords and give one to each kid. You can arrange for action packed light saber battles and give prizes to the winners. The light sabers come in a variety of different colors like red, blue, green and purple. Boys are going to really love this theme as it gives them permission to be as lively as they want.
Theme #4 – Costume Party
If your child loves arts and crafts, then you can use this activity for his or her birthday party. What you can do is throw a costume party and invite kids to design their own costumes. Although you have to go to the market and buy all essential stuff so that they can create their outfits, it will be worth it.
Theme #5 – Rock Star Party
If your kid is fun loving and enjoys music, a Rock Star party will be fun. This theme will create a real blast. You can keep karaoke for the guests who can get dressed like rock stars. The idea is to keep them entertained for hours and this theme will do just that. Since there is a chance that things can get out of hand, you should have an older person supervise.
Whatever theme you will choose for your child’s birthday party, make sure that it stays within your budget. Going a little over the budget should not be a problem as long as guests have fun and you are comfortable hosting it.
Holidays are some of the occasions to which people most look forward. They are about having fun, being with family and loved ones and often include parties. However, we are often so busy preparing for the parties that we sometimes miss out on the holiday spirit. We tend to get occupied by so many things, like decorating our homes or arranging meals that we forget that our families are waiting for us to join in the fun and frolics. So, relax, unwind, and participate in the festivities your family is already into.
Here are a few tips on how to have great holiday fun with your family.
1. Go on holiday to a destination
- Many families love to spend their holidays in a location away from their homes. For example, Disneyland, which is a great place for kids and adults alike, is very popular. There are so many activities you can do there that you would probably need more than three or four days to enjoy it all. When planning a holiday at Disneyland, you must arrange your stay in a nearby hotel or other place that caters for holidaymakers so that you can just walk to Disneyland instead of using transportation. Some hotels offer discounted rates during the holiday season. However, you have to book well in advance because it may seem that everyone is going there and that the hotels are fully booked very quickly.
- How about going on a cruise? You can have a great time on a cruise. Since it is winter in the northern hemisphere at this time of the year, choose a cruise that will take you south or to the Mediterranean region. Imagine cruising on the Mediterranean Sea and at the same time exploring Rome, Sicily, Nice and Florence. You and your family will discover the delights of the Mediterranean area while holidaying together.
2. Watch movies!
Holidays are the best time to watch your favorite movies. Buy a bunch of them from Amazon and get together to watch them. You can prepare your favorite dishes, gather around and watch the movies. Get some popcorn, fizzy drinks, and darken the room to watch the movie which will emulate the movie hall atmosphere.
3. Family tree trimming
If you are celebrating Christmas, you will most likely put up a tree. Make this activity a family affair right from start to the finish. This activity will keep your entire family involved. A Christmas tree can provide loads of holiday fun, as you have to decide on decorations, shop for them and if you want to be creative, make them. You can set different days for all these activities. Shopping can take the entire day, while creating decorations can take forever! Set aside a day or two for the whole family to make ornaments.
4. Enjoy winter during the holidays
Can you resist the urge to hide inside your home when cold, icy weather knocks on your door? Winter offers so many activities and complete holiday fun. You can go for skiing, skating and even dog sledding. If you don’t want to leave home, go sledding or play in the snow in your backyard. Your kids will enjoy this so much that you will have a tough time getting them to come inside for dinner!
Christmas is a month away and you must be thinking that “why should I start planning so early. I have the entire month with me.” If you are one of those who do their Christmas shopping at the last moment, then you must also be knowing that there is a lot of stress with the last minute shopping – you have to wait in long queues, there is a shortage of desired items and in the end you actually end up paying more than what your budget allowed. For all these reasons you must start planning now and start shopping. Kids are most excited about Christmas gifts. They love to receive presents from you. But you must choose the right kind of gifts for them. So are you running out of Christmas gift ideas for your kids?
Here’s a list of 10 Christmas gift ideas your kids will love…
- Gift basket with chocolates, cakes and other goodies: This kind of gift basket has been one of the most popular choices. All kids love chocolates and cakes, and would instantly radiate after seeing it.
- Soft toys: Soft toys are perfect for small children and girls. If your little one loves to cuddle a teddy or any other soft toy while he is he is sleeping, you can always increase their collection.
- Is your kid outdoorsy? If your child loves to go for camping or hiking, you can buy them a backpack. There are several backpacks available on the market right for preschool-age children to adults.
- Winter wear: You can always buy Sherpa Coats or weather boots for your kids. They can wear it and stand under the tree.
- Is your child into reading books? If your kid loves to read books, you can buy him or her books like Little Humbugs, Harry Potter series or Lord of the Flies. You simply can’t go wrong with this Christmas gift idea.
- Something to do: Here’s your chance to take your kids for an outdoor activitythey’ve been looking forward to. You can take them for ice-skating at your local ice-skating rink. This is surely going to be one of the most memorable Christmas gifts.
- Gadgets make into this list: If your child is a gadget freak, why not present him or her with an interesting techy stuff this Christmas? iPad, iPhone are a passé. You can give them something more stylish like iPod Nano, PS3 or Kindle.
- Christmas gift ideas for cycling kids: This is the time to spoil the kids with all things you never got as a child. If your junior is hoping to find a bike under the tree, get one for him. These are available for modest budgets.
- Food gifts: This is a gift that every child in your family would love. It is inexpensive and yummy. You can make special homemade breads that are sweet. Add a little bit of honey butter and you are good to go!
- Stationary: if you have a printer in your house, you can do a lot with that. One of the most popular Christmas gift ideas is a personalized gift. A set of note cards with stamps is very useful.