- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Category Archives: party
A holiday party is probably the last thing on your mind as you try to wrap up this year’s business and deal with all the other formalities. Even if you haven’t managed that you cannot ignore the holiday office party, as you still need to motivate your employees. So plan your office party and be stress free.
Which is the best venue for your holiday office party?
One of the most important things to consider when throwing an office party is the venue. This dilemma can be solved by hosting it on your office premises. Small or mid-sized businesses should host the party in their office premises, as they will save a lot of money by not having to rent a room or a hall. If your office building has a huge penthouse or an empty space, you can take that on rent to host your party. This way you are able to spend more money on food and entertainment. You won’t have to find a venue and your employees won’t have to struggle through traffic to reach it. Also, whatever decorations you put up will be retained by you, and can be enjoyed during other office parties in the future.
If you want to hold the party off the official premises, it would be best to use your personal or professional networking connections. See if any one of them can offer you discounts on their normal rates. You never know if the person with whom you play golf or tennis on a regular basis is the owner of such facilities!
Conference halls are pretty expensive, but the professional service offered there is next to none. The staff there knows what is required for a holiday office party and will prepare things for you in advance. For example, they will decorate the place for you, and arrange dinners with a large menu to choose from. So if you have a big enough budget, go for a conference hall.
Did you know that official parties are also hosted in bowling centers? Well, bowling centers are great fun. Not only do your employees get a chance to play the game, it will also de-stress them. They will be more open to each other and will interact in a friendly way. Generally, the atmosphere is more relaxed, people let go of their inhibitions and there is a great team spirit.
There are so many bowling centers, but if you happen to be in Toronto, you’ll find that bowling centers in Toronto offer great packages for a holiday office party. With the festive season around the corner most of them are offering discounts and special extra services to attract more customers.
A holiday office party offers an ideal opportunity for employees and employers to spend time with each other and get to know each other better. Your party should be such that the employees feel they are part of the entire entertainment instead of just being passive observers. Why not encourage them to get involved in the arrangements?
There’s nothing easier to arrange than a birthday party hosted at an indoor location in Mississauga, especially during the winter when the temperatures can fall below 3 degrees C. For smaller kids you can go for play centers with bars, ladders and slides, while for older kids you can find play centers that have rock-climbing structures or arcades. Most of these indoor places have food available for the party so it’s a win-win situation for the parents as well as the kids.
Here are the top 6 places for hosting indoor birthday parties in Mississauga that you should consider:
- Playdium: This place is huge, covering an area of more than 40,000 sq ft area with video and arcade games, go-karts and a restaurant. There are over 200 high-tech attractions, rides and simulators. This park caters for both adults as well as kids. After playing and having fun, your guests can stop at Playdium’s diner to feast. Here you get a variety of food like pizza, snacks, appetizers, etc. This place offers several birthday packages to choose from.
- Planet Bowl: This is one of the top venues to hold indoor birthday parties in Mississauga. There are three private party rooms available here and they can accommodate 16 kids, 24 kids and 28 kids max. it is a clean facility with modern amenities and a full size kitchen.
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park: If you want your kids and their friends to have a 3-D play experience, then Sky Zone is perfect. This is the world’s first all-trampoline, walled playing court that is suited to all ages. Here you will get unmatched fun! This place ensures that guests get a real adrenalin rush.
- Mega Fun 4 Kids: For kids from 0-7 years, this is a great place. While it is open to the public from Monday to Friday, it is closed during weekends in order to host private birthday parties. If you want babysitting facilities, you can ask for their special services. However, your child needs to be potty-trained.
- The Secret Palace: This is one place where princes and princesses of all ages will be enchanted. They have packages for kids from 4-12 years. This place is budget friendly and you can host a 2-hour private theme party for $330 or less. They also offer discounts on certain packages. Since catering services are also available you won’t have anything to do at all.
- Fantasy Fair: This is an indoor entertainment park that is geared towards providing fun for younger children. Being one of the best venues for indoor birthday parties it has a great reputation. There are several rides, including a Ferris wheel, train, and merry-go-round. When your kids get tired of playing and running around, they can indulge in the food served here.
For children, their birthdays are perhaps the most important event of the year. They expect the best and they look forward to their birthday so much that we as parents really want to make them enjoyable. Hosting birthday parties at outdoor locations is fine as long as it is summer. But hosting it outdoors during winter is almost impossible, and hosting indoor birthday parties at home can be a messy affair. So it is best to host them at places where your kids will enjoy themselves. Give your child a birthday party he or she will remember forever!
A corporate event is a great opportunity for a company big like a fortune 100 company or small like a local Mississauga dental office not only to reward their employees for the work they have done, but also as a teambuilding opportunity to ensure the staff is comfortable with each other and can work together as a team. There are tons of great venues and activities in Mississauga where companies can take their staff for a fun company outing, including bowling, picnics, or musical events.
Top 10 Places to Hold Corporate Events in Mississauga
Picnic parks are a great place to get your employees together for an afternoon of fun and learning. Large open spaces allow the perfect opportunity for group teambuilding and recreational activities to be set up. Weather permitting, a picnic in a park can be a place where staff can shed their inhibitions with their ties, dress casually and bond with each other over the barbecue pits.
An easy and effective corporate group event can be a bowling party. Bowling parties are not only great fun and universally enjoyed, but also a great way to encourage group interaction and inspire team spirit. Bowling in teams can bring out the best and most supportive aspects of your employees, while shedding their inhibitions. A bowling center like Planet Bowl will take care of all the needs of such an event ensuring that it runs smoothly.
Casino Nights are a more formal event where employees can dress up and let their hair down. They can be set up at any of the banquet halls or convention centers that a company chooses for its corporate event.
A party on a cruise ship or a yacht is also a fun memorable experience for the employees of your company. A party with a sunset over the waters, extending into a night of revelry under a starry sky will certainly go a long way to make people feel special, and that the company has gone out of their way to make them feel valued.
A live singer or performance will add an element of glamour to the event, which will set it apart from the usual party.
Another musical idea is that of a drum café, where music facilitators bring in drums and teach people coordinated beats so they can make music together. It is a great exercise in learning to work with each other, and collaborating to make something bigger than each one, which will help with teambuilding.
Organizing a scavenger hunt where people drive around the city looking for clues and taking pictures of the objects on the list with their camera phones is also a great way to bring out the spirit of adventure, teamwork, and healthy competition.
If you want a corporate event that will add value to the community to work in, a group community service event can help your team come together to work for a greater cause such as a Food Bank.
Art galleries or museums will add a measure of style and culture to your corporate event elevating it from the mundane to the extraordinary.
If you’re looking to take the level of style and elegance to another level, you can have your event at one of the city’s many nightclubs.
Those are the top 10 places to have your corporate events in Mississauga. Any other suggestions? Post it in the comment section below.
As summer winds down and the CNE starts again you would want to get the most fun before Fall comes along. Toronto is a world-class city replete with exciting options for visitors as well as its citizens. A mix of fun and culture can be found in a large number of options across the city just a few of which are highlighted here.
Top 10 places to have fun in Toronto
- CN Tower one of the world’s tallest buildings takes excitement to a peak with a 58 second high-speed glass elevator which you can ride to the top to feast your eyes on some incredible views. Myriad options for shopping, and dining make it a fun trip for the entire family.
- Wonderland is Canada’s foremost theme park with hundreds of attractions, which include a large variety of roller coasters, water rides, and other thrilling adventures adding up to 65 exciting rides, including the world’s biggest and tallest roller coaster.
- Harbourfront Centre is a performance space where musical and theatrical acts are held around the year, including regular children’s events. The centre brings international acts from across the globe, exhibiting cultural diversity on its stages, making it an ideal way to introduce children to the cultural arts. The icing on the cake is the large pond, which is freezes to form an ice skating rink in the winters.
- Medieval Times Dinner recreates those old times where knights in shining armor and riding horses vie for glory in authentic tournament action. Guests are served an elaborate medieval-style four-course meal, which adds substance to the drama. The vast tournament arena can seat up to 1400 and is housed inside a castle-like structure.
- Toronto Zoo is a fascination to people of all ages, which brings together thousands of animals representing hundreds of species in one wonderful forest environment. Located in the beautiful forest region in northeast Toronto, the space inspires love for animals and respect for the environment in all who step fool inside it. A special kids zoo allows children to interact with the animals, and a new Panda bear makes the trip all that much more valuable.
- Wild Water Kingdom is an ideal way to beat the Toronto heat and is therefore a popular summer activity for both adults and children. Miles of water slides, wave pools and water sports lend an unbeatable aura or frolic. The Dolphin Bay playground is a wonderfully serene pool where younger children can play in the water, and the whole family can enjoy batting cages, miniature golf and bumper boats. In addition to heated waterslides and giant whirlpool hot tubs, the thrill-seekers can head down the speed slides or for the tidal wave pool.
- Bata Shoe Museum is an unusual space where an extensive range of shoes from around the world is exhibited. It is a world of fantasy where women can swoon over the footwear, while the men marvel at the vastness of the collection. The variety of collections extends from shoes worn by North American Indigenous people, shoes from across the globe and across time, as well as celebrity shoes worn by musicians, artists, and actors including John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Playdium Mississauga is a massive indoor complex consisting of over 200 attractions and rides replete with unique high-tech and interactive forms of entertainment, both virtual and physical. Prizes can be won in the Redemption zone, so bring your skills into play at this mega entertainment zone. If only for its size and the variety of entertainment it brings together in one place it should not be given a miss. This is a sure fire place to have fun in Toronto.
- Planet Bowl is a large bowling centre, which also brings entertainment for all ages together under one roof. In addition to regular bowling, and bowling leagues it brings the experience of cosmic bowling to the visitor, a nighttime bowling activity where the lanes glow with an otherworldly light and a DJ plays the trendiest tracks of the day. Providing a vast menu of child-friendly foods and beverages, bowling is a fun activity for when children need a bit of adventure, and parents want to relax and play a couple of games.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario, an architectural delight bringing together elements of light and wood, is a wonderful space to delight in some art and culture. Toronto-born and now world-renowned architect Frank Gehry designed the gallery, which is characterized by sweeping staircases and glass walls. Over 5,000 works of art hang in hundreds of galleries, and one can easily pass a day in its warm and airy halls without a though for the time.
Summer’s here and the kids are gonna be running amok taking over your life. You are going to be run ragged between summer classes, swimming at the community center, play dates and parks. A fun easy way to keep your kids busy this summer, that also entertains you, is bowling parties. Kids absolutely love to go bowling. All of the bright colors, neon lights, fun munchies, and the giant balls make for one really special day for a child.
Take them to bowling centres
When it is your chance to host a play date for your children and their friends, instead of doing it at home and worrying about all the details that go into planning for one, do it at a bowling centre. A party at home would mean providing an array of food appropriate for both parents and children, taking into account the children’s varying tastes and sensitivities. It will mean setting up and making available a range of fun activities to keep their attentions, and then supervising as all of these games are played. Finally, and most painful is the after-party mess. To avoid the dreaded after effects of large groups of children romping around your backyard spilling paint and mustard, move the festivities to a bowling center, and let them take care of the tedious details.
Children of all ages enjoy bowling. Even a two year old loves picking up the giant ball in his arms and dropping it on the lane, watching it roll slowly away making an invigorating core-shaking sound. Older kids can pretty much take care of themselves at bowling alleys being able to track their own scores and conduct their own games. The best part about having parties there is that parents can also play and end up having a good time, instead of simply running around trying to round up and entertain their children.
Food is the easiest aspect to take care of at such a party. The bowling centre will have a menu you can choose from, which include lots of children-friendly snack and drinks. You can pick a set menu, or go through the menu and order a la carte depending on the number of children or adults are attending. Pick loads of easy finger foods, or things children can grab and run such as pizzas. There are also plenty of food choices for adults. The event is therefore completely pre-catered, as well as pre-decorated, because after all what is more vibrant than a bowling centre?
If you end up with a handful of children and the long summer hours seem to stretch with endless feeding, bawling and boredom, turn those hours into fun and festivities at a bowling center. A bowling party is a great way to get all the neighborhood kids together and in a productive and fun environment. Invite the parents to come bowling as well, and you will be much celebrated in the neighborhood as the parents who gave them all a break from summer routines. This is one more way to keep your kids busy this summer!
Throwing a party for children is surprisingly complex. For an adult party you have to get a few things right such as food, décor, music, and ambience, and the adults will entertain themselves – converse, dance and so forth. The level of detail and planning that goes into a children’s party is akin to science. An age-appropriate theme, a theme-appropriate meal, spacious venue, several forms of sufficiently attention-holding entertainment, party favors, enough adult supervision to ensure safety, separate food for the adults… the list just goes on. Often the party will end up being creative and great fun for everyone, except of course the people throwing a party.
Have a bowling party for kids
If you want to have a party for your child that takes care of all of the above in one fell swoop, and allows you the chance to have fun as well, have a bowling party for kids. Adults don’t think of bowling as something really small children will enjoy, but even three-year olds love bowling alleys. They get to roll these giant brightly colored balls and hear them rumble down the lanes, what can be more fun?
A bowling party is appropriate for children of most ages, and is easily done. The venue is taken care of. It’s an automatic theme. The alley provides food appropriate for children and their parents. Parents can also play so that takes care of adults having fun and supervising as well.
Most bowling alleys have birthday party package deals according to the size of the party. These are a great option because they are customizable. You can choose what you want included in the package and adjust according to your budget – the options will usually include food, drink, decorations, utensils, balloons, cake, a personalized banner, and so forth.
Additionally you can supplement with the plethora of easily available and affordable bowling-related paraphernalia that can personalize the party, and work well as party favors. The following can be found at any party store or online:
- A bowling pin shaped piñata can be stuffed with candy;
- Bowling print paper plates, cups and napkins can be used to serve the food;
- Mini plastic bowling sets, or personalized bowling pin shaped sipper bottles can be given as party favors;
- A bowling pin or ball shaped cake could be the icing on the party, or if you do not go with a designer cake bowling pin shaped candles can jazz up a regular cake as well.
Before picking a bowling alley find out if they already have some experience with bowling parties for kids. This means that they will not only be well-equipped with kid-sized bowling shoes and balls, their staff will also be aware of the safety measures required around children. After all, a primary reason of having a bowling party is that someone else can take care of the stuff you would have to take care of at home, and checking to make sure they know what they are doing will ensure you can ave fun as well.
The incredibly high fun factor, affordability, and ease with which a bowling party for kids can be had, make it a no-brainer for children of all ages. After all: giant bright balls, glow lights, rumbling, and tumbling of pins; what’s not to love?
Joining a bowling league is a sure-fire way of having fun with friends while making many new friends. It is an exciting activity which will not cost you much. However, to fully enjoy the game, there are a few things you need to know before joining the league. Knowing these things will keep you from committing some mistakes which might diminish the fun.
Know the type of league you are joining.
You need to understand that there are different types of leagues being offered in different bowling alleys. There are usually two league types—senior league and mixed league. Occasionally, special leagues may also be offered during certain times of the year. Before joining a bowling league, check to see what age group it caters to and then enlist for the right one for you.
Consider your availability.
Different bowling leagues are played at different times. Generally, senior leagues are scheduled during the day as most of the members are retirees and are thus free during daytime. Mixed leagues, on the other hand, are usually played out at night to accommodate the younger ones who are mostly working during the day. Therefore, you need to consider your own availability before choosing a bowling league.
Check your budget.
Different bowling alleys charge differently, so better ask around for prices. In considering the price differences, you also need to take note of the other facilities and amenities that may be offered in different bowling alleys. Usually, bowling alleys charge either on a weekly or monthly basis. The number of days per week that the match will be played out will also be taken into account, with 3 to 4 days a week as the usual standard. Generally, too, senior leagues cost more than mixed leagues.
Consider the bowling team you will be joining.
You need to understand that in a senior league, 4 to 5 members make up a team while in a mixed league, there are only 3 to 4 members in a team. This point is important if, for example, you want your group of 5 friends to make up a single team. On the other hand, if you do not have a team, you can join any bowling alley as most alleys randomly create teams according to the number of registrants.
Take into account the facilities and special offers.
The price differences between bowling alleys can be explained by the differences in the facilities and other privileges that each offers. One bowling alley, for instance, may be offering free shoe rents while the other may provide snacks. The best thing to do would be to try out different alleys and see what features you are willing to pay for and what features you can pass up.
Choose the right environment.
You need to choose a bowling alley which you find comfortable and relaxing to play in. Some high-priced bowling alleys, for example, may have too many lights which may be attractive alright, but will only get in the way of your playing. Only you can know the best bowling alley for you so better try some before settling on one.
These are only a few of the things you need to consider before joining a bowling league. And remember to always have FUN!
If you are a parent who is looking to become the best dad or mom ever, then you need to regularly organize parties for your kid. This allows your kids to have a good time with their friends and also make new friends. A great party makes your kid look good. There are several occasion that demand a celebration and one of them is birthdays.
Here are a list of the top 5 places for kids parties especially birthdays!
What is a party if not for great food? Pizza is one of those food types which are loved by adults and children alike. If you are considering pleasing the children and also their parents, having a party at the local pizza joint is an excellent idea. You have music, hot food, and lots of place to sit for adults and play area. Everybody is bound to have fun at these pizza centres.
If you are thinking of focussing on games for the upcoming birthday, then there is no better way than to host it at a bowling centre. Bowling birthday party is the best as children love bowling. Bowling is easy to learn, rules can be quietly relaxed and is a group activity. One suggestion we can give is that you could organize an impromptu bowling tournament and have all the kids participate. You could even order a winning trophy to be built for the occasion and the winning kid receive the cup, just like in the league tournaments.
If pizza is not something you are comfortable, especially if you worried about all the cheese, then ice cream parlours makes for a good choice. While adults may not really enjoy ice cream for several reasons, there is not a single kid who does not enjoy a cup of vanilla and another of strawberry cones in both of his hands. Just like pizza place, the local ice cream parlours can make special arrangements to accommodate birthdays.
If you are hosting a party just for your child and with other family friends in a low key fashion, then it would be wiser to hit the local burger joint on the special day. You could have a nice and quiet time, giving the birthday gift, taking some photos and may be a fun video to share with friends later.
If you have a living room with lots of space, then it makes good sense and also economically beneficial to have the party hosted right at your home. You could prepare delicious snacks and dishes at your home or you could order a takeout. You could actually order pizza and ice cream and combine the best of both worlds. Do not forget to have party games such as twister as well as board games like the game of life to liven up the evening.
Birthday parties will always be about having fun, exchanging gifts and so on. Depending on the budget and time you have, you could make it as grand and fun as you want. Hopefully, some of the ideas we have shared with you will come in handy for your child’s next birthday.
How To Make Bowling Parties Extra Fun
Kids’ birthday parties in Etobicoke or anywhere become a little fancier year after year, and fancy may easily imply pricey. Holding kids birthday parties in Etobicoke or elsewhere don’t actually have to be costly to be enjoyable. One particular birthday celebration concept that won’t break the bank is bowling parties!
Here are 3 ways to have personalized bowling parties for kids’ birthday parties in Etobicoke or anywhere else:
- Entertaining BEFORE bowling parties start
- Begin the imaginative component of your celebration prior to heading to the bowling alley. A great idea could be to check local party or arts and craft stores for bowling related trinkets. If you are organizing a kids bowling party, find some low-cost bowling t-shirts for the children to put on or find some good iron-on transfers and assist them to iron on their very own bowling images before heading to your local bowling center. This is sure to get the kids ready and in the mood to play.
- Themed pre-game goodies
- With regard to snacks before you head out to the alley, use the shape of the bowling ball to fit the theme. As we all know bowling balls are round, much like cakes, cookies and muffins. Bowling parties can start at home with you making sweet treats with 3 holes to mimic a bowling ball. For kids birthday parties in Etobicoke you’ll have no issue with planning the refreshments when you’re at the alley. At Planet Bowl, our kids bowling packages come with tasty and delicious food that is sure to please young and old! Just contact us to make a reservation and arrange bowling parties as per your convenience.
- Decoration for Bowling Parties
- Accentuate the bowling lanes to create the party mood! It’s best to have a few people go a little ahead of time and set up the bowling lanes so everything is ready when the birthday boy or girl and the guests arrive. Several balloons and a nice sign help inform visitors that a celebration is happening. You might even find some bowling balloons to arrange by your bowling lanes, or just use round balloons in different colours. To get the best experience, don’t simply just decorate your kids bowling parties with typical party decor. Ensure you do it right with a bowling parties theme – this is sure to get all the guests fired up to get involved and every person is sure to have a great time!
If you’re looking for the perfect place to hold kids bowling parties in Etobicoke, look no further than Planet Bowl. We are your neighborhood bowling alley for the Etobicoke, Mississauga and Brampton area. Specializing in bowling parties and kids bowling parties, we offer amazing kids birthday party packages that include a FULL hour of bowling, an hour in the party room, pizza, popcorn, soft drinks, party invitations and free shoe rentals. Just bring the cake and enjoy!
What Exactly IS Cosmic Bowling?
Picture this: The lights are dimmed. Ear-splitting music rocks the room. The disco ball rolls. Neon lasers flash around the room. Welcome to cosmic bowling – The ultimate glow in the dark bowling experience that will rock your senses!
Cosmic bowling is not just regular 10-pin bowling. The cosmic bowling experience is a rock & roll bowling event for the whole family or a fun-filled evening for friends.
The cosmic bowling tour…
Imagine the pins lighting up. That’s right! In cosmic bowling the pins glow in the dark & so do some of the bowling balls, gutters & more! That is primarily why the game is played in low light conditions. This fluorescent effect gives the entire centre a “cosmic” feel – hence the name cosmic bowling. Many bowling centres offer cosmic bowling for both adults & children. Children especially love the entire glow in the dark bowling experience & are especially entertained when their clothes (whites) glow in the dark! Many bowling alleys may even offer cosmic themed bowling parties for kids birthdays so that is something worth checking out if your child’s birthday is around the corner. At Planet Bowl that offer would be on Sundays; if you book a birthday or corporate event after 4PM, you will feel the Xtreme Bowling Experience!
Cosmic bowling is most popular at night especially since a dance club atmosphere is created. Many centres offer this kind of bowling on events or special occasions like New Years or Halloween which can be extra fun & exciting.
Bright neon lighting, techno music & bowling in the dark may not be for you if you are a professional bowler – you might find the lights & loud music distracting. In this case it’s best to call the centre & go at a time when regular 10-pin bowling is available. However, if you want to introduce your kids to bowling, cosmic bowling is a fun way to get them to start and enjoy bowling!
If you reside in the Greater Toronto Area (Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Brampton) check out Planet Bowl for our awesome cosmic “Xtreme” bowling nights. The Xtreme glow in the dark party starts Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm & goes all the way till 2am (Also Sundays at 4-Midnight). If you want to inquire about a bowling party, corporate event or have any general questions feel free to give us a call at 416-695-2695 anytime during our business hours or you can email us at [email protected]
Quite simply put, Xtreme bowling at Planet Bowl is all the fun of a club but with a bowling ball. You really have to try it for yourself to see what it’s all about!