- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Category Archives: Special
Take a Selfie at Planetbowl and Win Something Awesome!
Taking selfies has become a popular pastime around the world. Selfies give you the chance to show off and share with others about where you are, what you’re doing, and all the fun you’re having. It’s quick, easy and personally rewarding. How would you like to expand the benefits of taking your own picture? You can do just that with the Planetbowl Selfie Contest.
Capture a Moment of Fun and Enjoyment
The first step in winning the selfie contest is to snap a photo of yourself (and your friends if you like) having a great time at Planetbowl. And, that’s easy when there are so many ways to enjoy yourself – bowling that perfect strike, laughing with friends or enjoying a feast in one of our private party rooms.
Come Often and Rack Up the Points
The more you participate in the contest, the better your chances of winning. Here’s how you can build your score:
- Get 5 points for Checking into Planetbowl on Facebook
- Get 10 points for posting a photo or video selfie to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Planetbowl
- Get 1 bonus point for every friend you tag in your selfie post
- Enter every week!
Create an Impression with Your Best Selfie
Every week, we’ll be choosing our favourite selfie out of all the photos and videos entered. Not all selfies turn out the way you like, so be sure to keep snapping or recording until you have the shot that really shows why you love Planetbowl. Take several selfies and enter your best! At the end of the month, we’ll select our favourite selfie and award the Planetbowl prize of a free Pizza Party for you and your friends.
Cash In On Planetbowl Prizes
When you win the contest, you’ll be celebrating Planetbowl at a private pizza party with your chosen friends. The party includes:
- 1 large pizza
- Large wings
- 1 pop pitcher
- 1 hour of bowling
- Shoe rentals
In addition to the grand prize winner each month, we’ll be selecting a runner-up to enjoy our facilities. While you’re there, you can take more selfies to enter for the next month! Runners-up get the following:
- 2 free passes
- Shoe rentals
Get Ready, Get Set, GO!
Start now to capture every moment of fun at your favourite place for relaxation and fun. After all, where else but Planetbowl can you win a prize for having fun and enjoying the thrill of sharing a selfie that makes your smile? Enter now and enter often. Your pizza party is waiting at the end of the month if you are the lucky winner.
Birthdays come only once a year. Hence, it should be celebrated in some way that can be remembered even as years go by. Parents and party organizers consider holding kids birthday in Mississauga because of its breathtaking views. Apart from that, this Canadian city offers a wide variation of venues to choose from with bowling centers being their first choice.
In preparation for the upcoming event, you must have knowledge of the 3 F’s that kids want to see on their birthday—food, fun games, and of course, their friends. Traditional birthdays are usually held at home, in school, or inside restaurants. Now if you are worrying about how you are going to find ways to revolutionize a children’s party, the answer is just around the corner.
Here’s a short yet comprehensive birthday party planning checklist to follow to make sure that the birthday celebrant and the guests will surely enjoy:
Celebrating a kids birthday party in Mississauga is such a great idea. Although throwing a party has never been easy from the very beginning, you can always change it by means of spending it somewhere new, some place where you won’t need to wash all the dishes and refill each guest’s glass when they become empty. When you are clueless on where to go, try going online and learn what kids usually anticipate to see on their special day.
While there are several bowling venues available, you can also book reservations for parties and company functions right on the webpage of the official host of bowling contests, known as Planet Bowl. Over here there are three available private rooms that can cater a maximum number of 16, 24, and 28 kids depending on your preference. By just filling out the online form, you can free yourself from the hassle of going door-to-door or checking out every site. Their customer support is available anytime any day, so queries can be addressed promptly. Make sure that you make reservations ahead of time to avoid conflicts.
How to Get There
You won’t have any trouble finding the facility, as it is strategically located along Eglinton Avenue, near the Centennial Park Golf Centre. If you are bringing your can on the occasion for a kids birthday party in Mississauga, looking for a space won’t be bothersome. There is a secure parking lot in the area, which can also be turned into an event site. If you are planning to commute, there are five Mississauga transits all pass along Orbitor Drive or Spectrum Way.
Food, Drinks, and More
The Kid’s Birthday Party Package is inclusive of the invites, an hour of bowling experience, and an hour at the party room. Since this package is applicable for a minimum of four guests, each guest will get to have a slice of pizza, popcorn, and a soft drink. Plus, you get to save $3.10 because the shoe rentals are already included.
With Planet Bowl, you never let a year elapse without letting your child feel that he or she is beyond special on their big day. This is truly a magical place when your child experiences happiness beyond measure and you get to organize that at a reasonable price.
Planet Bowl is hosting it’s first annual ScreamFest. Full fill Halloween day for the whole family, it will include a haunted house, candy, photobooth, bouncy castle, costume contest, food, and giveaways.
Date: Sunday October 26th 2pm-8pm
Location: Planetbowl 5555 Eglinton Ave West (Age 5 and up)
Cost: $5 for haunted house
Buy your tickets before Friday October 24th and get up to $17 in bonuses.
Haunted House ($5)
Haunted Bouncy Castle ($3)
Haunted Fun Pass ($12)
- 1x Haunted House
- 1x Haunted Bouncy Castle
- 1x game of bowling
Haunted Fun Dinner Package ($17)
- 1x Haunted House
- 1x Bouncy Castle
- 1x Game of bowling
- 1x Pizza Slice
- 1x pop
Haunted Family Package ($45):
- 2x passes – Haunted House
- 2x passes – Bouncy Castle
- 4x games of bowling
- 1x Pitcher of pop
- 1x Large Pepperoni Pizza
Summer is rapidly approaching, the weather is getting warmer, and once again families and friends are looking for great ways to get together and have some fun. There are numerous group events in Mississauga happening all around this summer that are great for the very young and the young at heart.
What could be better on a summer day that a pile of Ribs, all the food that can be eaten and drinks galore? Well Celebration Square has just ticket for a group event – RibFest! The singers are great, the food is amazing, and the fun is unlimited for everyone in the family.
When planning a group event for the kids, Super Science has some amazing hands-on workshops that are specifically designed for kids in a variety of ages. Whether it’s a daycare program, YMCA group, or Scouting program, Super Science has some wonderful programs for kids between the ages of five and 12. Check out their web site and see what they have schedule for each week and get the kids together for a fun afternoon – just don’t tell them it will be educational!
People of every ages loves it when the Shrine Circus comes to town. This is a renowned family circus that is coming into their 251st season. Adults will fondly remember their first time at the circus and will have even more fun taking the kids, grandkids, nieces, or nephews to their first circus. Regardless of the ages, the Circus is great fun for everyone plus the animals are amazing and always treated with the utmost in love and kindness. It’s not just the animals that thrills audiences, it’s the acrobatics and aerial shows that will amaze and astonish even the seasoned circus—goer. From one to 91, everyone has fun at the Circus!
Have a group of friends who enjoy Bird watching? Join the Bird Watching Hikes from Saddington Park in Mississauga throughout the summer. The hikes are great exercise for the entire family and it’s always a treat for the kids to learn about the wide variety of birds which are indigenous to the area and the ones who are just visiting for the summer. It’s a great activity for the entire family.
Another great way for a group of family and friends to spend a day together at the Playdium – the Ultimate place to play because it’s a winner of the best interactive entertainment for children in the area. Their entertainment areas include go carts, miniature golf, baseball dome, bumper cars, water wars, and video games for everyone. They offer discount tickets for large groups, birthday, and corporate events, and their 40,000 square foot indoor complex makes it terrific for everyone regardless of the outside weather.
Most people enjoy summer plays, concerts, museums, or getting out for a relaxing day at a park with a picnic and friends. There’s plenty of activities to go around where the entire family can have fun at the zoo, a theme park, or any of the numerous events in town.
Organizing a bowling tournament allows you to bond with others with similar interests. You can hold the event in the capacity of individual play or as a team competition. As a team event, you can feel the thrill in the air when players of respective teams vie with each other to score the highest totals. Team members can simultaneously contend for the top spot through alternate frames or they can play individual games and then have the scores added up. You need to spell out the rules for the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament before allowing players to enroll. You also have to ascertain that enough lanes are available to allow all the participants to have a fun-filled outing.
You can adhere to the order below when organizing a bowling tourney.
- Decide on the kind of tournament you are planning to hold. Whether you are planning to raise money for a charitable cause or planning a corporate outing will influence your strategy in different ways. Even for a corporate tourney, you will be required to raise money in order to bear the expenses of having trophies. Determine the event style, i.e., whether it will be a marathon featuring many game plays or whether it will be head to head knockout games.
- You now need to persuade someone to patronize your tournament. Get in touch with local businesses to seek their sponsorship. The money raised will be used for hiring lanes and buying trophies. A potential sponsor may be convinced by asking them to supply shirts with their brand logo and address alongside your event’s name. In this way, you can have a cheap bowling tourney and also score widespread publicity for the sponsor.
- You can, also set an entry level fee to fund the tournament and also hand over cash prizes to the winners.
- You don’t want to botch the tourney. This means that you need to set the eligibility criteria based on skill level, age, amateur or professional status, etc., to admit players.
- Contact a bowling alley you deem to be best suited for your needs. Enquire about their free dates. Alleys may offer discounts if you hire multiple alleys. You can also check the same out with them in order to accommodate more people.
- Start your hunt for participants by asking the bowling alley to have a sign with your contact address posted for the tourney. Interested people can fill the form out with the required information. This way you get to promulgate the date and time of the tournament in a hassle free manner.
- Clear up any confusion regarding the criteria for winning the tourney by displaying the tournament rules for all participants.
- Now, the cutoff date for participating should be set for a few weeks before you actually organize the charity bowling or corporate bowling tournament. Once the entries have been sorted, prepare the schedule, arranging the bowlers sequentially. If the participant number has exceeded the pre-determined limit, you can arrange for several pool play rounds to shortlist the players appearing in the championship bracket.
The bowling world offers numerous competitions and tournaments. It is a social event that widens your horizons. You get to meet so many people and also make contacts. So if you are playing a tournament, it sure is fun; but organizing the same is a different experience altogether. By being on the organizing committee of a bowling tournament, you will get to know the nitty-gritty of the work that needs to be done for such an event and this experience will prepare you for more to come in the future. So if you think you haven’t the skills to organize an event, its your chance to try it out!
Have you ever been to a fundraising event? If yes, then you must know how extravagant they can be. Well, they do not necessarily have to be, as there are some fundraising events where you just have to spend a simple happy hour at a bar in the neighborhood. There are many organizations, like non-profit ones and elementary schools that rely on these fundraising events to bring in the moola over a short period of time. While you don’t have to do much when you are an invitee, it is completely different when you get pulled on to the planning committee. It is no longer so much fun and you have to work out many details in order to make the evening enticing so that the attendees donate generously.
Here are the best 5 fundraising ideas that will bring in the moola and bring on the good times…
- Fundraising event at a bowling arena: Bowling can be real fun for adults. You can arrange a fantastic bowling event in your area, which everyone will enjoy attending. Don’t have it on a weekday, as no one has time to have fun then. Having the event on a weekend will definitely bring in more supporters. You can be innovative and add some competitions to the charity bowling event to make it even livelier. You could even raise the price of the bowling tickets. Instead of simply giving beer to the participants, try arranging for some snacks too. If you reside in Toronto and are planning to host a fundraising event, you should enquire about bowling rates Toronto.
- Bingo: For this fundraising event you need to make your own cards. Invite people but charge them something like a hundred dollars per ticket. Don’t offer exorbitant prizes; something small like sweets or promises of eternal friendship are suitable.
- Cake sale: This is one fundraising event that can’t go wrong. You will definitely make a lot of cash from this. All you have to do is bake lots of cakes and ask your friends to contribute to this event. They can bake their favorite cakes and bring them to the event. Everybody loves eating cake, so it should be no surprise if nothing is left for you at the end.
- Film show or film premiere: This kind of fundraising event can be done in two ways. If you have a friend or a relative who owns a movie theatre, you can ask them to help you raise funds by letting you use their cinema for one show. If it is a worthy cause, no one will ever refuse. You can sell the tickets at a higher than usual price. The other way is to arrange to stage a show at your home or your college or school where friends and family are allowed to come and watch the latest movie. You can also ask people to bring their own snacks.
- Fashionable fundraising: Fashion shows are very popular. Everyone wants to either be a model or to go to a fashion show. It is so glamorous that if you arrange one, none of your invitees will want to miss it. If you are arranging it on a large scale, you need to rope in a few fashion designers and models, which can be quite difficult. However, if you are planning to do it on a small scale, you can ask your friends to help you with modeling. You can choose some clothes from your own wardrobe or go to local stores to get some. Let these stores know of your intention to fundraise and maybe they will donate the clothes.
While there are many more fundraising ideas that get help generate money for the cause, the ones mentioned above are perhaps the easiest, most popular and loved by people. The simple formula to success in a fundraising event is being thoroughly prepared and knowing your demographics.
Holidays are some of the occasions to which people most look forward. They are about having fun, being with family and loved ones and often include parties. However, we are often so busy preparing for the parties that we sometimes miss out on the holiday spirit. We tend to get occupied by so many things, like decorating our homes or arranging meals that we forget that our families are waiting for us to join in the fun and frolics. So, relax, unwind, and participate in the festivities your family is already into.
Here are a few tips on how to have great holiday fun with your family.
1. Go on holiday to a destination
- Many families love to spend their holidays in a location away from their homes. For example, Disneyland, which is a great place for kids and adults alike, is very popular. There are so many activities you can do there that you would probably need more than three or four days to enjoy it all. When planning a holiday at Disneyland, you must arrange your stay in a nearby hotel or other place that caters for holidaymakers so that you can just walk to Disneyland instead of using transportation. Some hotels offer discounted rates during the holiday season. However, you have to book well in advance because it may seem that everyone is going there and that the hotels are fully booked very quickly.
- How about going on a cruise? You can have a great time on a cruise. Since it is winter in the northern hemisphere at this time of the year, choose a cruise that will take you south or to the Mediterranean region. Imagine cruising on the Mediterranean Sea and at the same time exploring Rome, Sicily, Nice and Florence. You and your family will discover the delights of the Mediterranean area while holidaying together.
2. Watch movies!
Holidays are the best time to watch your favorite movies. Buy a bunch of them from Amazon and get together to watch them. You can prepare your favorite dishes, gather around and watch the movies. Get some popcorn, fizzy drinks, and darken the room to watch the movie which will emulate the movie hall atmosphere.
3. Family tree trimming
If you are celebrating Christmas, you will most likely put up a tree. Make this activity a family affair right from start to the finish. This activity will keep your entire family involved. A Christmas tree can provide loads of holiday fun, as you have to decide on decorations, shop for them and if you want to be creative, make them. You can set different days for all these activities. Shopping can take the entire day, while creating decorations can take forever! Set aside a day or two for the whole family to make ornaments.
4. Enjoy winter during the holidays
Can you resist the urge to hide inside your home when cold, icy weather knocks on your door? Winter offers so many activities and complete holiday fun. You can go for skiing, skating and even dog sledding. If you don’t want to leave home, go sledding or play in the snow in your backyard. Your kids will enjoy this so much that you will have a tough time getting them to come inside for dinner!
Planet Bowl is extremely honoured and privileged to be hosts to the best strokers, crankers and tweeners in the Americas and Caribbean for the summer of 2015.
John Chapman; our General Manager and a senior member of the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA), mirrors the city’s excitement, “We’re incredibly excited to host the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am bowling tournament. This is a wonderful opportunity for our facility to host an international competition and to join together in the community celebration when the Games come to Toronto and Canada in the summer of 2015!”
As summer winds down and the CNE starts again you would want to get the most fun before Fall comes along. Toronto is a world-class city replete with exciting options for visitors as well as its citizens. A mix of fun and culture can be found in a large number of options across the city just a few of which are highlighted here.
Top 10 places to have fun in Toronto
- CN Tower one of the world’s tallest buildings takes excitement to a peak with a 58 second high-speed glass elevator which you can ride to the top to feast your eyes on some incredible views. Myriad options for shopping, and dining make it a fun trip for the entire family.
- Wonderland is Canada’s foremost theme park with hundreds of attractions, which include a large variety of roller coasters, water rides, and other thrilling adventures adding up to 65 exciting rides, including the world’s biggest and tallest roller coaster.
- Harbourfront Centre is a performance space where musical and theatrical acts are held around the year, including regular children’s events. The centre brings international acts from across the globe, exhibiting cultural diversity on its stages, making it an ideal way to introduce children to the cultural arts. The icing on the cake is the large pond, which is freezes to form an ice skating rink in the winters.
- Medieval Times Dinner recreates those old times where knights in shining armor and riding horses vie for glory in authentic tournament action. Guests are served an elaborate medieval-style four-course meal, which adds substance to the drama. The vast tournament arena can seat up to 1400 and is housed inside a castle-like structure.
- Toronto Zoo is a fascination to people of all ages, which brings together thousands of animals representing hundreds of species in one wonderful forest environment. Located in the beautiful forest region in northeast Toronto, the space inspires love for animals and respect for the environment in all who step fool inside it. A special kids zoo allows children to interact with the animals, and a new Panda bear makes the trip all that much more valuable.
- Wild Water Kingdom is an ideal way to beat the Toronto heat and is therefore a popular summer activity for both adults and children. Miles of water slides, wave pools and water sports lend an unbeatable aura or frolic. The Dolphin Bay playground is a wonderfully serene pool where younger children can play in the water, and the whole family can enjoy batting cages, miniature golf and bumper boats. In addition to heated waterslides and giant whirlpool hot tubs, the thrill-seekers can head down the speed slides or for the tidal wave pool.
- Bata Shoe Museum is an unusual space where an extensive range of shoes from around the world is exhibited. It is a world of fantasy where women can swoon over the footwear, while the men marvel at the vastness of the collection. The variety of collections extends from shoes worn by North American Indigenous people, shoes from across the globe and across time, as well as celebrity shoes worn by musicians, artists, and actors including John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Playdium Mississauga is a massive indoor complex consisting of over 200 attractions and rides replete with unique high-tech and interactive forms of entertainment, both virtual and physical. Prizes can be won in the Redemption zone, so bring your skills into play at this mega entertainment zone. If only for its size and the variety of entertainment it brings together in one place it should not be given a miss. This is a sure fire place to have fun in Toronto.
- Planet Bowl is a large bowling centre, which also brings entertainment for all ages together under one roof. In addition to regular bowling, and bowling leagues it brings the experience of cosmic bowling to the visitor, a nighttime bowling activity where the lanes glow with an otherworldly light and a DJ plays the trendiest tracks of the day. Providing a vast menu of child-friendly foods and beverages, bowling is a fun activity for when children need a bit of adventure, and parents want to relax and play a couple of games.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario, an architectural delight bringing together elements of light and wood, is a wonderful space to delight in some art and culture. Toronto-born and now world-renowned architect Frank Gehry designed the gallery, which is characterized by sweeping staircases and glass walls. Over 5,000 works of art hang in hundreds of galleries, and one can easily pass a day in its warm and airy halls without a though for the time.
Toronto as a vibrant diverse cosmopolitan city is always ready to offer up its citizens a range of wonderful ways to spend their days. The true energy of the city comes from the people and the diversity of their interests. A family or group of friends can spend their weekends engaged in a range of fun activities, ranging from bowling to parks to nice meals. Here are 3 places for a fun group outing in Toronto.
A number of great bowling centers can provide a full day of holistic and easily accessible fun for people of all ages. Families can take children of all ages and spend the day amongst the bright adventure that a bowling alley brings, in addition to a vibrant environment filled with other families and child-friendly foods. Everyone can bowl, from two-year olds to seventy-two year-olds, and that makes this a perfect day out for the whole family including the toddlers and the grandparents. A multi-purpose bowling center like Planet Bowl is also a great venue for groups of adults as it offers the enhanced bowling experience that is cosmic bowling. Cosmic Bowling is when the entire alley including the pins, the lanes, and the gutters are illuminated, this giving the place a ‘cosmic’ ambiance. Add a DJ and the bowling center feels like a nightclub with bowling balls thrown in.
Classy yet family – friendly restaurants
Going out for a nice dinner is another way to experience and enjoy the diversity of Toronto. There are several great restaurants that are classy yet family-friendly and willing to customize specials to the taste of your children. This way they can experience foods beyond the usual burgers and pizzas they might like, while also allowing the parents to treat themselves to trendier foods. The diversity of cuisines available in the city are a blessing, so be adventurous and try that new Italian or Indian place you might have heard about. Dining out is a great way for a group of friends to catch up over a good meal accompanied by a glass of good wine.
Finally, there’s always that all-encompassing universally entertaining avenue of fun, the mall. Some great malls offer not only good shopping where adults and children can both stock up on necessities and indulge in luxuries, but they also provide an array of entertainment to while away the time. Some have video game arcades where children of all ages can find something to do including bouncing around in a pile of colorful balls, smacking a few balls on the mini-golf range, or succumbing to fantasy in virtual reality games. While the children play, so can the mothers by getting pampered at spas and nail salons in malls. Movie theaters where you can catch the latest blockbuster or animated film can unite the group with large buckets of popcorn, and a food court in a mall will cater to every culinary whim.
Malls, restaurants, and bowling centers are only some of the entertainment options that the vibrant city of Toronto has to offer group outing in Toronto, along with water parks, museums, skating rinks, playgrounds, the list goes on. Come the next free day get your family together and head out for a fun adventure.