- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The holidays are here! Time to bowl! Here are our holiday hours:
Wednesday December 24th: 10AM-5PM
Thursday December 25th: CLOSED
Friday December 26th: Noon-Midnight
Wednesday December 31st: 10AM-1AM
Thursday January 1st: Noon-Midnight
Happy Holidays from the Planet Bowl Family!
We at Planet Bowl would like to thank all of our customers for their years of dedication to the sport of bowling and your continued trust in us to provide the best venue to participate in. With that, some changes to our deals are being made. In an effort to improve the service we are putting our Quarter Night Deals on Mondays & Tuesdays while the other nights will revert to regular pricing. We will do our very best to provide service you can rely upon!
Happy Holidays from the Planet Bowl family!
Planet Bowl will be hosting the Team Trials Tournament for the Team Canada Roster at the Pan-Am Games! As a result of this there will be closures to the public:
From Thursday May 15th to Monday May 19th; Planet Bowl will be closed from 8AM until approximately 6PM (pending delays for the tournament).
Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone affected and good luck to all the participants!
Are you celebrating your birthday? Have you just been promoted and sharing the joy with friends? Well, whatever is the event, no party is complete without a delicious cake. However, a cake that tastes good is not enough for the guests and you want something more. So what is it that makes the cake incredible, yummy and the look of it would make you want to devour it? For one, the cake should be beautifully decorated. For example, kids love to have chocolates. On their birthday parties you can order a cake that is decorated with chocolates and gems. However, adults would like to go for something more subtle. Vanilla or strawberry cakes decorated in the shape of burgers or rugby balls would look awesome. Now all you have to do is blow out the candles and make a wish! Here’s our list of our favourite 10 best birthday cakes of all time! With cakes so yummy we wish every day is our birthday.
Which one is your favourite?
Cosmic bowling is a fun activity where you not only have fun while bowling, but you also wear geeky clothes and strike a disco pose. Offered by several bowling centers, cosmic bowling is done under neon lights with loud music. So get ready for the adventure!
“What should I wear during cosmic bowling” is one question many people ask. For one, forget your traditional clothes. Cosmic bowlers wear glow in the dark fluorescent shirts coupled with similar types of shoes and jewelry. Some even go as far as wearing glow in the dark headbands, lipsticks and nail polishes. Basically you have to dress louder than the music. If you don’t have these types of clothes and accessories, wear a lot of white. Girls can wear white v-neck shirt with a bright blue tank top would also look great. With the right clothing on, you will be able to enjoy Cosmic Bowling thoroughly!
Here are the top 10 outfits for cosmic bowling:
Have you ever been to a charity bowling event? Besides having fun, these events expose you to a different world. You see the cause for which it is held, and you come to know what you have in life that others are lacking, which in turn make you feel lucky. Apart from that you come to meet so many like minded people.
Attending a charity bowling event is great, but organizing one can be quite challenging. There are many types of charity bowling events, and each is a different game. They all need a lot of planning. To organize a charity bowling event will test the resilience of your nerves. If you want to pull off a sparkling event where the participants pledge a minimum amount to your coffer, you need to adhere to the points discussed below.
Do not dilly-dally with a high return corporate bowling event. Kick start your planning at least 6 months prior to the actual event by getting in touch with local bowling alleys. Your target weekend should not coincide with major holidays or other similar charity tourneys, else you may run the risk of failing to attract ardent bowlers.
Negotiate like Donald Trump
Now, you need to negotiate with the alley. You can engage yourself or someone from your organization to snag the best package deal. Request the alley to provide free shoes to bowlers, free soda from café, and passes to be distributed as prizes in corporate bowling parties. Tell them what a great cause it is and how you will promote the bowling alley.
Shiny Prizes draw in more Participants
Your tourney will fail to allure top bowlers without loads of fabulous prizes. You can hit the streets requesting people to donate for your charity event. Places like restaurants, grocery stores ranking high on the list of your favorite haunts can be approached to snag donations. You can get sponsors in your fold by assuring them of wide publicity of their brands during the charity event. Start with friends and contacts you already know.
Don’t starve your fat wallet donors!
Next, hunt for food donors to appeal to the appetite of bowlers. If no one shows up, you can order inexpensive munchies like hot dogs, pizzas from your pocket to invite gallant show from the energetic bowlers. Make sure everyone’s having fun and not hungry so that they will show up for your next charity event.
Promote the big event
Now, stoke excitement for the upcoming event by seeking voluntary participation of few bowlers to promote the event. This will kindle the interest of your supporters and give them an incentive to sign up for the event. Organize the registration process well ahead of the actual date, else you will feel disoriented when flooded by requests. Create compendious press releases and dispatch them to the offices of local newspapers, television channels to be broadcasted/ published for calling attention.
Keep the excitement rolling
Once potential participants start to enroll themselves for the charity corporate bowling tournament, start sending them weekly notes pertaining to fundraising or other bowling aspects to sustain their interest. You will find many participants actually contributing funds for the event. You can also stimulate the appetite of potential bowlers by disclosing what awaits them at the end of the tournament. One good way to do this is to announce prizes as you get them.
Make a (reasonable) schedule
Develop a game plan to avoid botching the tournament. A timeline with detailed assignment of responsibilities/areas to each person will do. The food setup, bowling game alley, prize tables, announcement desk etc should be laid out properly to avoid chaos. Make sure you schedule enough time for each element or else people will be there till closing time.
Once you are over with the tournament, you have earned tons of experience to be utilized in forthcoming corporate bowling parties. Relax, and after you are done with the exigencies that come in the wake of an event, make it a point to send ‘thank you’ notes to all the sponsors, individual contributors, star participants, and the bowling alley staff.
You can also get in touch with Mississauga corporate events organizers to get more insights and help into how to successfully organize a charity bowling tourney.
Holidays are some of the occasions to which people most look forward. They are about having fun, being with family and loved ones and often include parties. However, we are often so busy preparing for the parties that we sometimes miss out on the holiday spirit. We tend to get occupied by so many things, like decorating our homes or arranging meals that we forget that our families are waiting for us to join in the fun and frolics. So, relax, unwind, and participate in the festivities your family is already into.
Here are a few tips on how to have great holiday fun with your family.
1. Go on holiday to a destination
- Many families love to spend their holidays in a location away from their homes. For example, Disneyland, which is a great place for kids and adults alike, is very popular. There are so many activities you can do there that you would probably need more than three or four days to enjoy it all. When planning a holiday at Disneyland, you must arrange your stay in a nearby hotel or other place that caters for holidaymakers so that you can just walk to Disneyland instead of using transportation. Some hotels offer discounted rates during the holiday season. However, you have to book well in advance because it may seem that everyone is going there and that the hotels are fully booked very quickly.
- How about going on a cruise? You can have a great time on a cruise. Since it is winter in the northern hemisphere at this time of the year, choose a cruise that will take you south or to the Mediterranean region. Imagine cruising on the Mediterranean Sea and at the same time exploring Rome, Sicily, Nice and Florence. You and your family will discover the delights of the Mediterranean area while holidaying together.
2. Watch movies!
Holidays are the best time to watch your favorite movies. Buy a bunch of them from Amazon and get together to watch them. You can prepare your favorite dishes, gather around and watch the movies. Get some popcorn, fizzy drinks, and darken the room to watch the movie which will emulate the movie hall atmosphere.
3. Family tree trimming
If you are celebrating Christmas, you will most likely put up a tree. Make this activity a family affair right from start to the finish. This activity will keep your entire family involved. A Christmas tree can provide loads of holiday fun, as you have to decide on decorations, shop for them and if you want to be creative, make them. You can set different days for all these activities. Shopping can take the entire day, while creating decorations can take forever! Set aside a day or two for the whole family to make ornaments.
4. Enjoy winter during the holidays
Can you resist the urge to hide inside your home when cold, icy weather knocks on your door? Winter offers so many activities and complete holiday fun. You can go for skiing, skating and even dog sledding. If you don’t want to leave home, go sledding or play in the snow in your backyard. Your kids will enjoy this so much that you will have a tough time getting them to come inside for dinner!
Christmas is a month away and you must be thinking that “why should I start planning so early. I have the entire month with me.” If you are one of those who do their Christmas shopping at the last moment, then you must also be knowing that there is a lot of stress with the last minute shopping – you have to wait in long queues, there is a shortage of desired items and in the end you actually end up paying more than what your budget allowed. For all these reasons you must start planning now and start shopping. Kids are most excited about Christmas gifts. They love to receive presents from you. But you must choose the right kind of gifts for them. So are you running out of Christmas gift ideas for your kids?
Here’s a list of 10 Christmas gift ideas your kids will love…
- Gift basket with chocolates, cakes and other goodies: This kind of gift basket has been one of the most popular choices. All kids love chocolates and cakes, and would instantly radiate after seeing it.
- Soft toys: Soft toys are perfect for small children and girls. If your little one loves to cuddle a teddy or any other soft toy while he is he is sleeping, you can always increase their collection.
- Is your kid outdoorsy? If your child loves to go for camping or hiking, you can buy them a backpack. There are several backpacks available on the market right for preschool-age children to adults.
- Winter wear: You can always buy Sherpa Coats or weather boots for your kids. They can wear it and stand under the tree.
- Is your child into reading books? If your kid loves to read books, you can buy him or her books like Little Humbugs, Harry Potter series or Lord of the Flies. You simply can’t go wrong with this Christmas gift idea.
- Something to do: Here’s your chance to take your kids for an outdoor activitythey’ve been looking forward to. You can take them for ice-skating at your local ice-skating rink. This is surely going to be one of the most memorable Christmas gifts.
- Gadgets make into this list: If your child is a gadget freak, why not present him or her with an interesting techy stuff this Christmas? iPad, iPhone are a passé. You can give them something more stylish like iPod Nano, PS3 or Kindle.
- Christmas gift ideas for cycling kids: This is the time to spoil the kids with all things you never got as a child. If your junior is hoping to find a bike under the tree, get one for him. These are available for modest budgets.
- Food gifts: This is a gift that every child in your family would love. It is inexpensive and yummy. You can make special homemade breads that are sweet. Add a little bit of honey butter and you are good to go!
- Stationary: if you have a printer in your house, you can do a lot with that. One of the most popular Christmas gift ideas is a personalized gift. A set of note cards with stamps is very useful.
Planet Bowl is extremely honoured and privileged to be hosts to the best strokers, crankers and tweeners in the Americas and Caribbean for the summer of 2015.
John Chapman; our General Manager and a senior member of the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA), mirrors the city’s excitement, “We’re incredibly excited to host the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am bowling tournament. This is a wonderful opportunity for our facility to host an international competition and to join together in the community celebration when the Games come to Toronto and Canada in the summer of 2015!”
As summer winds down and the CNE starts again you would want to get the most fun before Fall comes along. Toronto is a world-class city replete with exciting options for visitors as well as its citizens. A mix of fun and culture can be found in a large number of options across the city just a few of which are highlighted here.
Top 10 places to have fun in Toronto
- CN Tower one of the world’s tallest buildings takes excitement to a peak with a 58 second high-speed glass elevator which you can ride to the top to feast your eyes on some incredible views. Myriad options for shopping, and dining make it a fun trip for the entire family.
- Wonderland is Canada’s foremost theme park with hundreds of attractions, which include a large variety of roller coasters, water rides, and other thrilling adventures adding up to 65 exciting rides, including the world’s biggest and tallest roller coaster.
- Harbourfront Centre is a performance space where musical and theatrical acts are held around the year, including regular children’s events. The centre brings international acts from across the globe, exhibiting cultural diversity on its stages, making it an ideal way to introduce children to the cultural arts. The icing on the cake is the large pond, which is freezes to form an ice skating rink in the winters.
- Medieval Times Dinner recreates those old times where knights in shining armor and riding horses vie for glory in authentic tournament action. Guests are served an elaborate medieval-style four-course meal, which adds substance to the drama. The vast tournament arena can seat up to 1400 and is housed inside a castle-like structure.
- Toronto Zoo is a fascination to people of all ages, which brings together thousands of animals representing hundreds of species in one wonderful forest environment. Located in the beautiful forest region in northeast Toronto, the space inspires love for animals and respect for the environment in all who step fool inside it. A special kids zoo allows children to interact with the animals, and a new Panda bear makes the trip all that much more valuable.
- Wild Water Kingdom is an ideal way to beat the Toronto heat and is therefore a popular summer activity for both adults and children. Miles of water slides, wave pools and water sports lend an unbeatable aura or frolic. The Dolphin Bay playground is a wonderfully serene pool where younger children can play in the water, and the whole family can enjoy batting cages, miniature golf and bumper boats. In addition to heated waterslides and giant whirlpool hot tubs, the thrill-seekers can head down the speed slides or for the tidal wave pool.
- Bata Shoe Museum is an unusual space where an extensive range of shoes from around the world is exhibited. It is a world of fantasy where women can swoon over the footwear, while the men marvel at the vastness of the collection. The variety of collections extends from shoes worn by North American Indigenous people, shoes from across the globe and across time, as well as celebrity shoes worn by musicians, artists, and actors including John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, and Pablo Picasso.
- The Playdium Mississauga is a massive indoor complex consisting of over 200 attractions and rides replete with unique high-tech and interactive forms of entertainment, both virtual and physical. Prizes can be won in the Redemption zone, so bring your skills into play at this mega entertainment zone. If only for its size and the variety of entertainment it brings together in one place it should not be given a miss. This is a sure fire place to have fun in Toronto.
- Planet Bowl is a large bowling centre, which also brings entertainment for all ages together under one roof. In addition to regular bowling, and bowling leagues it brings the experience of cosmic bowling to the visitor, a nighttime bowling activity where the lanes glow with an otherworldly light and a DJ plays the trendiest tracks of the day. Providing a vast menu of child-friendly foods and beverages, bowling is a fun activity for when children need a bit of adventure, and parents want to relax and play a couple of games.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario, an architectural delight bringing together elements of light and wood, is a wonderful space to delight in some art and culture. Toronto-born and now world-renowned architect Frank Gehry designed the gallery, which is characterized by sweeping staircases and glass walls. Over 5,000 works of art hang in hundreds of galleries, and one can easily pass a day in its warm and airy halls without a though for the time.