- March 2019
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Author Archives: Sharky Liu
2015 Bowling Rates & Prices Toronto: Bowlerama, Playtime Bowl, Planet Bowl, Classic Bowl and the Ballroom
2015 Bowling Rates & Prices Toronto – Compare All Your Top Toronto Bowling Alleys
Looking to find the best bowling rates Toronto has to offer? Well look no further, we’ve done all the research for you. Find below the best local bowling rates Toronto bowling centres are currently running:
Playtime Bowl 2014 Bowling Rates Toronto: Located at 33 Samor Rd. – Toronto, Ontario, M6A 1J2 close to Yorkdale mall, Playtime Bowl offers cosmic and regular 10-pin bowling and packages for parties and corporate events. Here are Playtime Bowl’s bowling rates:
Shoe Rentals – $3.81
Monday – Friday : 11AM – 5PM
Regular Bowling: $3.99 per game/person
Regular Bowling: $19.99 per/lane/hour
Cosmic Bowling: $4.99 per game/person
Cosmic Bowling: $26.99 per/lane/hour
Monday – Thursday : 5PM – Close
Regular Bowling: $24.99/lane/hour
Cosmic Bowling: $29.99/lane/hour
Friday, and Saturday : 5PM – 9PM
Cosmic Bowling: $29.99/lane/hour
Fridays and Saturdays from 9PM – 3AM
Club Cosmic Bowling: $34.99/lane/hour
Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Cosmic Bowling: $29.99/lane/hour
Cosmic Bowling: $29.99/lane/hour
Planet Bowl 2014 Bowling Rates Toronto: Conveniently located in Etobicoke this is the bowling alley to go to if you live in the Mississauga, Toronto, Etobicoke or Brampton area. Priding itself for its kid’s birthday party packages and corporate events, Planet Bowl has full kitchen services and 3 party rooms to accommodate your guests. Featuring bowling leagues and glow in the dark cosmic bowling it’s a fun place to be for the whole family. Here are the bowling rates for Planet Bowl’s daily deals:
- Monday: 2 for 1 Mondays: Every game you buy get one free (after 9:00pm)
- Tuesday: Toonie Tuesday: $2.00 per game – $2.00 shoe rental (after 9:00pm)
- Wednesday: Quarter/Game Wednesday: $5.00 Cover Charge per person $0.25 per game $2.00 shoe rental (after 8:00pm)
- Thursday: Casino Night Thursday: $7.77/2 hours of bowling per person (after 9:00pm)
- Friday: Family Bowl Sunday: $39.99 per lane 2 hours of bowling & shoe rental included (7:00pm – 10:00pm)
If you want to inquire about hosting a bowling party, corporate event or have any general questions feel free to give Planet Bowl a call at 416-695-2695.
Bowlerama Bowling Rates Toronto: Bowlerama is a popular bowling alley with 6 locations in Toronto. Similar to most other bowling centres. Bowlerama also offers corporate and party events and league bowling. They also have a Pro Shop store selling branded merchandise from all the major bowling manufacturers.
Bowlerama does not advertise its bowling rates online. You’ll have to call your nearest location to find out bowling rates and specials.
Yonge St. at Cummer Avenue in North York, one block north of Finch Ave.
Call (416) 222-4657 for information or reservations.
Bowlerama Toronto West:
5429 Dundas Street West, just East of highway #427.
Call (416) 239-3536 for reservations.
Bowlerama Mississauga (Rexdale):
115 Rexdale Blvd.,
Call (416) 743-8388. Check out Cosmic Bowling today.
Bowlerama Stoney Creek:
121 Highway #8 in Stoney Creek.
Call (905) 662-2058 for information or reservations.
2086 Dundas St. East in London.
Call (519) 452-0052 for information or reservations.
320 Bayfield Street in Barrie.
Call (705) 739-2269 for information or reservations
Classic Bowl Rates: Classic bowl is yet another bowling alley that offers several events. You can book birthday parties for your kids also. Their rates are given below:
Monday – Thursday:
11am – 12pm: $12.99 + tax
12pm – 6pm: $24.99 + tax
6pm-11pm: $31.99 + tax
11am – 12pm: $12.99 + tax
12pm – 6pm: $24.99 + tax
6pm – 1am: $31.99 + tax
11am – 12pm: $12.99 + tax
12pm – 6pm: $24.99 + tax
6pm – 1am: $31.99 + tax
11am – 12pm: $12.99 + tax
12pm – 11pm: $29.99 + tax
Classic Bowl also offers shoes at rent for $3.89 + tax per pair. They offer Cosmic Bowling that starts at 10pm on Fridays and closes at 2pm on Saturdays.
Ballroom Bowl 2014 Rates: Located in downtown Toronto, The Ballroom is an interactive entertainment center that can accommodate up to 900 guests at a time. It offers four bars, great snacks and rooftop patios for the guests. Its opening hours are:
Monday – Friday:
Open – 5pm : $35.00 for up to 8 bowlers
Monday – Wednesday:
5pm – Close: $50 for up to 8 bowlers
Thursday – Friday:
5pm – Close: $65 for up to 8 bowlers
Saturday – Sunday:
Open – 5pm: $35 for up to 8 bowlers
5pm – 2am: $65 for up to 8 bowlers
Now that you know all about the best bowling rates Toronto has to offer you can make a more informed choice as to which bowling alley you’d like to go to with friends and family, hold your child’s next birthday party at or organize a corporate event that’s around the corner.
Cosmic Bowling in Mississauga – Best Friday Saturday Night Fun
Cosmic Bowling in Mississauga -Something more than a typical Bowling Experience
If you live in the Mississauga area, you might have heard of the cosmic or “X-treme” bowling experience at Planet Bowl from your friends or family. Let’s explore it some more below..
Just what is “X-treme” cosmic bowling in Mississauga at Planet Bowl?
Imagine this: The lighting is lowered. Loud music moves everyone in the room. Fluorescent lasers shoot all around you. Introducing “X-treme” or cosmic bowling in Eglinton at Planet Bowl – Your supreme glow in the dark bowling encounter that is totally out of this world!
“X-treme” bowling isn’t just your typical 10-pin bowling experience. Dependent upon your bowling centre your cosmic bowling adventure might include a light display, a fog unit and even a Disc jockey.
Looking for a genuine cosmic bowling adventure in Mississauga on Eglinton? Planet Bowl is the perfect place. Picture the bowling pins, the bowling balls and the side gutters illuminating. This luminescent impact provides the entire centre with a “cosmic” feel – and so the name cosmic bowling! Planet Bowl offers cosmic bowling or as we call it, “X-treme” bowling for both children and adults. Kids particularly enjoy the entire ambiance, and are also amused when their clothing lights up and glows! Planet Bowl even offers glow-in-the-dark bowling celebrations for kids birthday parties so that is one area well worth looking into for your child’s birthday bash.
Cosmic bowling is most in-demand at nighttime primarily due to the fact that a grooving club-like mood is created. We also offer this sort of bowling on occasions or special events which can make bowling seem like a brand new experience even to people who’ve bowled before. A winning prize is offered if a bowling pin of a unique colour is at the front side of all the pins in the set and you end up bowling a strike!
Glowing fluorescent lighting effects, blaring tunes and bowling in the dark might not be for you if you’re an advanced pro bowler – you will probably find the lighting effects and deafening music annoying. In this instance it’s wise to call in and go during a time when normal 10-pin bowling is offered. Nevertheless, if you wish to expose the kids to bowling, cosmic bowling is an enjoyable method of getting them to get started and enjoy bowling!
Do you remember your neon outfits?
With dim lights, foot tapping music and bowls glowing under UV lights, we offer an exciting experience that will remind you of your neon parties; only that we offer it all at a much larger and professional scale. As the beats get louder and cosmic bowling kicks off, the pins get brighter, and the mood is lifted to the atomic stage. We play some of the best numbers for you. Our facility is fully stocked for snacks and drinks for your family or a friendly party. Then why go anywhere else? Why go to the same clubs and bars every weekend and get bored, when you can have a fun filled cosmic bowl evening at planet bowl? Give these mundane joints a miss this weekend and visit us. Book a few bowling games and enjoy!
How to play?
Cosmic bowling is one of those extreme sports where there is always room for improvement. If you want to improve your game, you should have knowledge about it, practice it and most importantly have the proper equipment, especially the shoes. Well, if you have these things in place, then go to the next level to experience cosmic bowling. Remember to focus on pins and throw the ball because the lights will be dimmer than usual. With a dance club like atmosphere in this glow in the dark bowling event, you shouldn’t think about winning; instead you should have fun and relax.
Now you must be thinking what are our prices for all this fun? Well we offer very affordable bowling rates because we think that having a great time doesn’t have to cost a lot. We offer cosmic bowling at a price anyone can afford.
Want to experience cosmic bowling in Mississauga or cosmic bowling in Eglinton? If you live in the Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke or Brampton area check out Planet Bowl for our amazing cosmic “X-treme” bowling evenings. The X-treme glow in the dark experience commences at 8pm and runs all the way up until 2am. If you’d like to find out about a bowling social gathering event, company celebration or have got general concerns go ahead and call us at 416-695-2695 at any time all through our business hours or send us an email at [email protected].
Simply put, X-treme bowling at Planet Bowl is much like going to a night club, with a bowling ball. You undoubtedly need to check it out for yourself to discover what it’s all about!
Top 7 Places for kids birthday party in Mississauga
We all know how important birthdays are to our kids. Children look forward to their birthdays with so much joyful anticipation that we feel bound to give them the birthday of their dreams. Any loving parent would want to give his child a birthday experience that is truly exciting and memorable. If you want to treat your kid to a birthday party in Mississauga he will not soon forget, try something different—like staging a birthday party for him in a bowling alley or an indoor gaming facility! Such an exciting birthday party venue would make his birthday truly special and give him the feeling that he is truly loved. The following are 5 awesome places in which to celebrate your kid’s birthday party in Mississauga.
Playdium offers a complete and thrilling birthday package for kids. It provides kid-friendly food, many fun games and lots of exciting outdoor activities that will thrill the kids as well as the adults. Holding your child’s birthday party at Playdium makes for an unforgettable birthday memory for your beloved child. You can choose from the different birthday packages Playdim has in store. Skip the hassles of prepping for your kid’s birthday party by enlisting the birthday party services of Playdium.
Planet Bowl is another thrilling venue for your child’s birthday party. If you have anywhere from 4 to 28 guests, Planet Bowl can plan a fun-filled birthday party for you– complete with drinks, eatables and fun games. Planet Bowl has a clean and relaxing ambiance that would serve as a beautiful backdrop for your little one’s birthday party. If you make arrangements with Planet Bowl, you will save yourself from all the trouble of party planning and prepping. Do your kid and yourself a favor now by booking for a birthday party at Planet Bowl. What peace of mind to know that all you need to do is just show up at the party with a cake!
401 Mini-indy is an indoor car racing facility that would be the perfect birthday party venue for your little racing enthusiasts. You can choose from an array of kids birthday packages which are all guaranteed to thrill your child and his friends no end.
Imagine the thrill your child will get out of having a birthday party in a trampoline park? For sure, your kid’s birthday party will be filled with pure fun and hysterical laughter. Book now for an exciting birthday party for your kid at Skyzone Mississauga and get him and his guests literally “high” with excitement.
Putting Edge is a cutting-edge indoor mini golf course that will bring your kid’s birthday celebrant lots of fun playing golf. Adults can also join in on the fun or simply cheer on in the sidelines. Trust Putting Edge to take care of your kid’s birthday party needs with a bang. All you need to bring is a cake.
Give your child’s birthday party a fun twist by choosing a venue that’s different and out of the ordinary. Try any of the above venues for your kid’s birthday party.
Air Combat Zone
This is definitely the most unique venue for the kids birthday parties. Here the kids, in a flight simulator, fly CF-18 Hornet jet fighter. There is a mission where you have to meet several specific goals. The venue’s capacity is 20 people. Guests who are not flying can get engaged in different types of activities. For example besides watching others flight simulators they can practice and learn to combat better on the desktop PC simulators or they can simply devour the pizza that can be ordered from here itself. The bottom line is that the combination of thrill flying in the simulators and having fun with friends at the same time is perhaps a great choice for the teenage kids.
This place caters to children from 18 months to 12 years. You can choose from five themes for your kid’s birthday party. The package includes choosing grand costumes, glittery makeovers, dancing, singing and free gifts to take back. There are many themed activities and you spend time to get dressed up also. This venue is perfect for girls. So the birthday girl gets the special treatment. Since they offer catering also, you don’t have to worry about feeding the little ones.
How To Organize A Charity Bowling Event
Have you ever been to a charity bowling event? Besides having fun, these events expose you to a different world. You see the cause for which it is held, and you come to know what you have in life that others are lacking, which in turn make you feel lucky. Apart from that you come to meet so many like minded people.
Attending a charity bowling event is great, but organizing one can be quite challenging. There are many types of charity bowling events, and each is a different game. They all need a lot of planning. To organize a charity bowling event will test the resilience of your nerves. If you want to pull off a sparkling event where the participants pledge a minimum amount to your coffer, you need to adhere to the points discussed below.
Do not dilly-dally with a high return corporate bowling event. Kick start your planning at least 6 months prior to the actual event by getting in touch with local bowling alleys. Your target weekend should not coincide with major holidays or other similar charity tourneys, else you may run the risk of failing to attract ardent bowlers.
Negotiate like Donald Trump
Now, you need to negotiate with the alley. You can engage yourself or someone from your organization to snag the best package deal. Request the alley to provide free shoes to bowlers, free soda from café, and passes to be distributed as prizes in corporate bowling parties. Tell them what a great cause it is and how you will promote the bowling alley.
Shiny Prizes draw in more Participants
Your tourney will fail to allure top bowlers without loads of fabulous prizes. You can hit the streets requesting people to donate for your charity event. Places like restaurants, grocery stores ranking high on the list of your favorite haunts can be approached to snag donations. You can get sponsors in your fold by assuring them of wide publicity of their brands during the charity event. Start with friends and contacts you already know.
Don’t starve your fat wallet donors!
Next, hunt for food donors to appeal to the appetite of bowlers. If no one shows up, you can order inexpensive munchies like hot dogs, pizzas from your pocket to invite gallant show from the energetic bowlers. Make sure everyone’s having fun and not hungry so that they will show up for your next charity event.
Promote the big event
Now, stoke excitement for the upcoming event by seeking voluntary participation of few bowlers to promote the event. This will kindle the interest of your supporters and give them an incentive to sign up for the event. Organize the registration process well ahead of the actual date, else you will feel disoriented when flooded by requests. Create compendious press releases and dispatch them to the offices of local newspapers, television channels to be broadcasted/ published for calling attention.
Keep the excitement rolling
Once potential participants start to enroll themselves for the charity corporate bowling tournament, start sending them weekly notes pertaining to fundraising or other bowling aspects to sustain their interest. You will find many participants actually contributing funds for the event. You can also stimulate the appetite of potential bowlers by disclosing what awaits them at the end of the tournament. One good way to do this is to announce prizes as you get them.
Make a (reasonable) schedule
Develop a game plan to avoid botching the tournament. A timeline with detailed assignment of responsibilities/areas to each person will do. The food setup, bowling game alley, prize tables, announcement desk etc should be laid out properly to avoid chaos. Make sure you schedule enough time for each element or else people will be there till closing time.
Once you are over with the tournament, you have earned tons of experience to be utilized in forthcoming corporate bowling parties. Relax, and after you are done with the exigencies that come in the wake of an event, make it a point to send ‘thank you’ notes to all the sponsors, individual contributors, star participants, and the bowling alley staff.
You can also get in touch with Mississauga corporate events organizers to get more insights and help into how to successfully organize a charity bowling tourney.
Best 5 Fundraising Ideas That Will Bring In The Moola And Bring On The Good Times
Have you ever been to a fundraising event? If yes, then you must know how extravagant they can be. Well, they do not necessarily have to be, as there are some fundraising events where you just have to spend a simple happy hour at a bar in the neighborhood. There are many organizations, like non-profit ones and elementary schools that rely on these fundraising events to bring in the moola over a short period of time. While you don’t have to do much when you are an invitee, it is completely different when you get pulled on to the planning committee. It is no longer so much fun and you have to work out many details in order to make the evening enticing so that the attendees donate generously.
Here are the best 5 fundraising ideas that will bring in the moola and bring on the good times…
- Fundraising event at a bowling arena: Bowling can be real fun for adults. You can arrange a fantastic bowling event in your area, which everyone will enjoy attending. Don’t have it on a weekday, as no one has time to have fun then. Having the event on a weekend will definitely bring in more supporters. You can be innovative and add some competitions to the charity bowling event to make it even livelier. You could even raise the price of the bowling tickets. Instead of simply giving beer to the participants, try arranging for some snacks too. If you reside in Toronto and are planning to host a fundraising event, you should enquire about bowling rates Toronto.
- Bingo: For this fundraising event you need to make your own cards. Invite people but charge them something like a hundred dollars per ticket. Don’t offer exorbitant prizes; something small like sweets or promises of eternal friendship are suitable.
- Cake sale: This is one fundraising event that can’t go wrong. You will definitely make a lot of cash from this. All you have to do is bake lots of cakes and ask your friends to contribute to this event. They can bake their favorite cakes and bring them to the event. Everybody loves eating cake, so it should be no surprise if nothing is left for you at the end.
- Film show or film premiere: This kind of fundraising event can be done in two ways. If you have a friend or a relative who owns a movie theatre, you can ask them to help you raise funds by letting you use their cinema for one show. If it is a worthy cause, no one will ever refuse. You can sell the tickets at a higher than usual price. The other way is to arrange to stage a show at your home or your college or school where friends and family are allowed to come and watch the latest movie. You can also ask people to bring their own snacks.
- Fashionable fundraising: Fashion shows are very popular. Everyone wants to either be a model or to go to a fashion show. It is so glamorous that if you arrange one, none of your invitees will want to miss it. If you are arranging it on a large scale, you need to rope in a few fashion designers and models, which can be quite difficult. However, if you are planning to do it on a small scale, you can ask your friends to help you with modeling. You can choose some clothes from your own wardrobe or go to local stores to get some. Let these stores know of your intention to fundraise and maybe they will donate the clothes.
While there are many more fundraising ideas that get help generate money for the cause, the ones mentioned above are perhaps the easiest, most popular and loved by people. The simple formula to success in a fundraising event is being thoroughly prepared and knowing your demographics.
5 Fun Theme Parties Kids Will Love
Are you tired of hosting your kid’s birthday party at the same venue each year? How about something different this year? How about a theme party? A theme party for your child’s birthday this year would really be a welcome change. Adding a special theme to your kid’s birthday party will definitely be an improvement over the ordinary celebrations that you usually hold in a restaurant or your home. If your kid’s party is near, and you just don’t know what to do, then why not read on to find out which of the following would be the best idea for you?
Here are 5 Fun Theme Parties Kids Will Love
Theme #1 – Disco party at a bowling center
Disco party can be real fun. With everybody wearing funky outfits, things can really go wild in this theme party. How about combining the disco theme party with bowling? You may be surprised to know that kids love bowling. Even toddlers can bowl. How hard can it be? All they have to do is roll the ball. Parents will also enjoy trying their skills out at the bowling alley. So by throwing a disco theme party you are not only entertaining kids but you are also having fun. Most bowling alleys have these fantastic birthday party packages. Packages consist of the usual services like food, decorations, cake, balloons, drinks and music. However, different packages are differently priced.
If you reside in Mississauga or Toronto, you must be aware that there are numerous bowling alleys in these places. Bowling Mississauga and Toronto alleys offer several attractive deals for birthday parties. They have a set price for each package for a certain number of kids, and for each additional kid there will be an extra charge. Ask for bowling rates Toronto or Mississauga, wherever you are residing, and compare them so that you get the best deal with maximum inclusions.
Theme #2 – Disney Princess
If you have a daughter who loves fairy tales, then a Disney Princess theme party is surely going to be a hit. You can buy one of those lovely Disney Princess dresses for her like that of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Princess Jasmine and get her all dressed up. Don’t forget the tiara. You can buy tiaras for all the other girls too. If you are also inviting boys to the party, you can ask one of them to dress up like Prince Charming.
Theme #3 – Star Wars
This is the most popular theme for boys’ birthday parties. Boys will love to get dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper. You can buy laser swords and give one to each kid. You can arrange for action packed light saber battles and give prizes to the winners. The light sabers come in a variety of different colors like red, blue, green and purple. Boys are going to really love this theme as it gives them permission to be as lively as they want.
Theme #4 – Costume Party
If your child loves arts and crafts, then you can use this activity for his or her birthday party. What you can do is throw a costume party and invite kids to design their own costumes. Although you have to go to the market and buy all essential stuff so that they can create their outfits, it will be worth it.
Theme #5 – Rock Star Party
If your kid is fun loving and enjoys music, a Rock Star party will be fun. This theme will create a real blast. You can keep karaoke for the guests who can get dressed like rock stars. The idea is to keep them entertained for hours and this theme will do just that. Since there is a chance that things can get out of hand, you should have an older person supervise.
Whatever theme you will choose for your child’s birthday party, make sure that it stays within your budget. Going a little over the budget should not be a problem as long as guests have fun and you are comfortable hosting it.
Great Holiday Fun for the Whole Family
Holidays are some of the occasions to which people most look forward. They are about having fun, being with family and loved ones and often include parties. However, we are often so busy preparing for the parties that we sometimes miss out on the holiday spirit. We tend to get occupied by so many things, like decorating our homes or arranging meals that we forget that our families are waiting for us to join in the fun and frolics. So, relax, unwind, and participate in the festivities your family is already into.
Here are a few tips on how to have great holiday fun with your family.
1. Go on holiday to a destination
- Many families love to spend their holidays in a location away from their homes. For example, Disneyland, which is a great place for kids and adults alike, is very popular. There are so many activities you can do there that you would probably need more than three or four days to enjoy it all. When planning a holiday at Disneyland, you must arrange your stay in a nearby hotel or other place that caters for holidaymakers so that you can just walk to Disneyland instead of using transportation. Some hotels offer discounted rates during the holiday season. However, you have to book well in advance because it may seem that everyone is going there and that the hotels are fully booked very quickly.
- How about going on a cruise? You can have a great time on a cruise. Since it is winter in the northern hemisphere at this time of the year, choose a cruise that will take you south or to the Mediterranean region. Imagine cruising on the Mediterranean Sea and at the same time exploring Rome, Sicily, Nice and Florence. You and your family will discover the delights of the Mediterranean area while holidaying together.
2. Watch movies!
Holidays are the best time to watch your favorite movies. Buy a bunch of them from Amazon and get together to watch them. You can prepare your favorite dishes, gather around and watch the movies. Get some popcorn, fizzy drinks, and darken the room to watch the movie which will emulate the movie hall atmosphere.
3. Family tree trimming
If you are celebrating Christmas, you will most likely put up a tree. Make this activity a family affair right from start to the finish. This activity will keep your entire family involved. A Christmas tree can provide loads of holiday fun, as you have to decide on decorations, shop for them and if you want to be creative, make them. You can set different days for all these activities. Shopping can take the entire day, while creating decorations can take forever! Set aside a day or two for the whole family to make ornaments.
4. Enjoy winter during the holidays
Can you resist the urge to hide inside your home when cold, icy weather knocks on your door? Winter offers so many activities and complete holiday fun. You can go for skiing, skating and even dog sledding. If you don’t want to leave home, go sledding or play in the snow in your backyard. Your kids will enjoy this so much that you will have a tough time getting them to come inside for dinner!
10 Christmas Gift Ideas Your Kid Will Love
Christmas is a month away and you must be thinking that “why should I start planning so early. I have the entire month with me.” If you are one of those who do their Christmas shopping at the last moment, then you must also be knowing that there is a lot of stress with the last minute shopping – you have to wait in long queues, there is a shortage of desired items and in the end you actually end up paying more than what your budget allowed. For all these reasons you must start planning now and start shopping. Kids are most excited about Christmas gifts. They love to receive presents from you. But you must choose the right kind of gifts for them. So are you running out of Christmas gift ideas for your kids?
Here’s a list of 10 Christmas gift ideas your kids will love…
- Gift basket with chocolates, cakes and other goodies: This kind of gift basket has been one of the most popular choices. All kids love chocolates and cakes, and would instantly radiate after seeing it.
- Soft toys: Soft toys are perfect for small children and girls. If your little one loves to cuddle a teddy or any other soft toy while he is he is sleeping, you can always increase their collection.
- Is your kid outdoorsy? If your child loves to go for camping or hiking, you can buy them a backpack. There are several backpacks available on the market right for preschool-age children to adults.
- Winter wear: You can always buy Sherpa Coats or weather boots for your kids. They can wear it and stand under the tree.
- Is your child into reading books? If your kid loves to read books, you can buy him or her books like Little Humbugs, Harry Potter series or Lord of the Flies. You simply can’t go wrong with this Christmas gift idea.
- Something to do: Here’s your chance to take your kids for an outdoor activitythey’ve been looking forward to. You can take them for ice-skating at your local ice-skating rink. This is surely going to be one of the most memorable Christmas gifts.
- Gadgets make into this list: If your child is a gadget freak, why not present him or her with an interesting techy stuff this Christmas? iPad, iPhone are a passé. You can give them something more stylish like iPod Nano, PS3 or Kindle.
- Christmas gift ideas for cycling kids: This is the time to spoil the kids with all things you never got as a child. If your junior is hoping to find a bike under the tree, get one for him. These are available for modest budgets.
- Food gifts: This is a gift that every child in your family would love. It is inexpensive and yummy. You can make special homemade breads that are sweet. Add a little bit of honey butter and you are good to go!
- Stationary: if you have a printer in your house, you can do a lot with that. One of the most popular Christmas gift ideas is a personalized gift. A set of note cards with stamps is very useful.
Best 3 Places for a Holiday Office Party
A holiday party is probably the last thing on your mind as you try to wrap up this year’s business and deal with all the other formalities. Even if you haven’t managed that you cannot ignore the holiday office party, as you still need to motivate your employees. So plan your office party and be stress free.
Which is the best venue for your holiday office party?
One of the most important things to consider when throwing an office party is the venue. This dilemma can be solved by hosting it on your office premises. Small or mid-sized businesses should host the party in their office premises, as they will save a lot of money by not having to rent a room or a hall. If your office building has a huge penthouse or an empty space, you can take that on rent to host your party. This way you are able to spend more money on food and entertainment. You won’t have to find a venue and your employees won’t have to struggle through traffic to reach it. Also, whatever decorations you put up will be retained by you, and can be enjoyed during other office parties in the future.
If you want to hold the party off the official premises, it would be best to use your personal or professional networking connections. See if any one of them can offer you discounts on their normal rates. You never know if the person with whom you play golf or tennis on a regular basis is the owner of such facilities!
Conference halls are pretty expensive, but the professional service offered there is next to none. The staff there knows what is required for a holiday office party and will prepare things for you in advance. For example, they will decorate the place for you, and arrange dinners with a large menu to choose from. So if you have a big enough budget, go for a conference hall.
Did you know that official parties are also hosted in bowling centers? Well, bowling centers are great fun. Not only do your employees get a chance to play the game, it will also de-stress them. They will be more open to each other and will interact in a friendly way. Generally, the atmosphere is more relaxed, people let go of their inhibitions and there is a great team spirit.
There are so many bowling centers, but if you happen to be in Toronto, you’ll find that bowling centers in Toronto offer great packages for a holiday office party. With the festive season around the corner most of them are offering discounts and special extra services to attract more customers.
A holiday office party offers an ideal opportunity for employees and employers to spend time with each other and get to know each other better. Your party should be such that the employees feel they are part of the entire entertainment instead of just being passive observers. Why not encourage them to get involved in the arrangements?
Top 6 Places for Indoor Birthday Parties in Mississauga
There’s nothing easier to arrange than a birthday party hosted at an indoor location in Mississauga, especially during the winter when the temperatures can fall below 3 degrees C. For smaller kids you can go for play centers with bars, ladders and slides, while for older kids you can find play centers that have rock-climbing structures or arcades. Most of these indoor places have food available for the party so it’s a win-win situation for the parents as well as the kids.
Here are the top 6 places for hosting indoor birthday parties in Mississauga that you should consider:
- Playdium: This place is huge, covering an area of more than 40,000 sq ft area with video and arcade games, go-karts and a restaurant. There are over 200 high-tech attractions, rides and simulators. This park caters for both adults as well as kids. After playing and having fun, your guests can stop at Playdium’s diner to feast. Here you get a variety of food like pizza, snacks, appetizers, etc. This place offers several birthday packages to choose from.
- Planet Bowl: This is one of the top venues to hold indoor birthday parties in Mississauga. There are three private party rooms available here and they can accommodate 16 kids, 24 kids and 28 kids max. it is a clean facility with modern amenities and a full size kitchen.
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park: If you want your kids and their friends to have a 3-D play experience, then Sky Zone is perfect. This is the world’s first all-trampoline, walled playing court that is suited to all ages. Here you will get unmatched fun! This place ensures that guests get a real adrenalin rush.
- Mega Fun 4 Kids: For kids from 0-7 years, this is a great place. While it is open to the public from Monday to Friday, it is closed during weekends in order to host private birthday parties. If you want babysitting facilities, you can ask for their special services. However, your child needs to be potty-trained.
- The Secret Palace: This is one place where princes and princesses of all ages will be enchanted. They have packages for kids from 4-12 years. This place is budget friendly and you can host a 2-hour private theme party for $330 or less. They also offer discounts on certain packages. Since catering services are also available you won’t have anything to do at all.
- Fantasy Fair: This is an indoor entertainment park that is geared towards providing fun for younger children. Being one of the best venues for indoor birthday parties it has a great reputation. There are several rides, including a Ferris wheel, train, and merry-go-round. When your kids get tired of playing and running around, they can indulge in the food served here.
For children, their birthdays are perhaps the most important event of the year. They expect the best and they look forward to their birthday so much that we as parents really want to make them enjoyable. Hosting birthday parties at outdoor locations is fine as long as it is summer. But hosting it outdoors during winter is almost impossible, and hosting indoor birthday parties at home can be a messy affair. So it is best to host them at places where your kids will enjoy themselves. Give your child a birthday party he or she will remember forever!